Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is Stereo Really Loud From Outside Car?

Wayne2015

My children keep saying my car stereo is REALLY loud when standing outside the car

This morning my eldest said he can even hear it from the 2nd floor factory! :eek:

I did noticed the doors are real thin (when compared with other modern cars)

And I don;t have the stereo that loud - so is the Auris really paper-thin, non-insulated car such that its like a loud speaker to the audiences outside??? :help2:

Although sitting inside the car and I don't notice that much outside noise....

Back in 2009, when we were shopping around to change our 2006 Corolla, we looked at the current Hyundai i30 - the doors on that were thinner than the Auris and noticeably lighter than the Corolla and Auris.

The doors on the Auris were also noticeably heavier to shut and thicker than the second car we had at the time (2007 Mazda 2)

We've since had two Hyundai i20's as a second car (a 2012 and a new generation 2015 - both newer designs than the Auris), and the Auris' doors are not any thinner than those.

It depends what you're comparing it with - for example the last generation Astra (2009 onwards) has noticeably curved outer panels which make the doors look thicker, which is more to do with the design of the car.

However, a vehicle 's doors appearing to be thicker doesn't necessarily mean they're safer.

The Auris scored maximum points in the Euro NCAP side protection and pole tests, whereas the protection afforded by the Astra was described as adequate for the side impact and marginal for the pole test.

We've not noticed the Auris' stereo is any louder when heard from outside than either of our last three second cars.

• Like 1

I noticed the same thing on -11 Auris. I bought a bulk pack of Silent coat, put it on the front doors, and the music is notable quiter to the outside than before.

• Like 1

I was thinking as its so quiet in Battery mode - stick a Ferrari exhaust MP3 sound in the stereo in full volume and drive around with it.......lol

my Aygo's stereo is quite loud, I once had to open a gate coming out of an equestrian centre and I could hear it over my 3 cylinder engine. It wasn't turned up all that high and it was an audio book as well

So its not just me then! :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links