Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth Hands-Free Into An '05 Yaris... What Needs Doing?!

MAWglobal

Howdy.

My missus has an '05 Yaris but increasingly needs to make calls on the move.

Ideally we want the car as standard but with a bluetooth kit added in. So something like the Parrot mki9200, however as the car as one of these integrated CD players with separate controls & display I presume an adapter harness is needed in the first place, and is there any danger of rendering the CD player, radio or anything useless?! Any other pointers people can give me on what's involved and what kit works best?

Normally I'd tinker around and do it myself but today life is busy so I envisage forking out for someone else to do it, but I'd at least like to know what options we have!

The alternative would be a whole replacement stereo with bluetooth and use up the handy little single-DIN cubby hole but we'd rather not do that. Lastly, she's already tried the battery-powered, sun-visor-mounted doo-dahs and doesn't get on with them.

Cheers for any help,

Mark

I haven't any experience with your particular car but generally speaking there's no problem fitting a Parrot kit as long as you get the adapter harness, it doesn't affect the display or functions of the stereo. Phone around for some quotes - you'll probably find an installer can fit one for not much more than you can buy one for.

I was hoping that would be the case!

I have a bury kit in my 02 Yaris D4D . Bought the kit on eBay and plus a adaptor kit for the kit to fit a toyota radio ( no need to cut any wires in Car ) . It takes longer to take the radio out than to fit the kit . All in was a Hour to fit

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links