Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Icon+ Vs Icon, What's The Difference (2013/14)?

CurranShelter

I've been looking around at used (2013/2014) Auris Icons, and have a noticed a few examples that are Icon+. It looks like they have leather trim on the dash instead of the brushed silver effect, but I'm struggling to find out what else the Icon+ spec adds over a normal Icon.

Can anyone summarise the difference between the two, or point me in the right direction?

Also, bit of an aside, but I've seen a few references to very poor dipped headlight beam coverage on the Auris (including a thread on here from a couple of years ago) - anyone know if that's still an issue?

Thanks...

Icon + was based on an Icon with additional:

Leather effect trim on dash ( Excel has leather )

Heated front sports seats

Go navigation

Electric retractable mirrors

Rear privacy glass

16" alloys specific to icon +

optional Tungsten blue paint specific to icon +

cruise control on petrol 1.6 & hybrid

Thanks both.

Colour aside, I'm not that keen on the style differences but the elec retractable mirrors & cruise are useful extras (and the nav if it's any good).

I have a 2013 Auris and can confirm that the dipped beam is somewhat "lacking"in performance.

My previous car (not a Toyota) had HID's (the car cost £3000 LESS than my Auris) and the difference is staggering.

Trouble is that people buy cars during the day,when headlights are not needed,you only find out how rubbish they are when you actually OWN the car.

Of all the gripes I've read about the Auris, this has to be one of the most concerning. Not that I do a lot of miles on dark roads, but when I do, I like to see where I'm going! Seems a bizarre oversight (no pun intended) on Toyota's part if it really is sub-standard compared to other cars (wondering to myself how it compares in that regard with Mazda 3, also on my shortlist).

The dipped beam on my Corolla seems fine, so it would be disappointing if the Auris is a step down on car so much older (although maybe they're comparable - dunno).

• 2 months later...

I only went and got myself an Icon+ and, well, so far so happy (more comments/queries coming up though ;). :clap:

That link to the Icon vs Icon+ differences was handy... I don't suppose anyone knows if the full Icon+ specification is still available anywhere online?

The headlights seem fine to me BTW (dipped and full beam) so I suppose either they'd improved them by the time mine was built or it all comes down to what you're used to.

Thanks for that. I was wondering (but I think I already know the answer) if there was really a distinction between electronically retractable mirrors operating by manual button-press only (as on the Icon+) and automatic electronically retractable mirrors which unfold when the car is unlocked (on Excel?). It seems a trivial distinction to make, but I suppose like many other features these days, it's dead easy for manufacturers to deactivate a bit of software on lower specs in order to try and nudge buyers up to the next spec.

Also a bit like power windows only having the one-touch feature on higher models, which always struck me as a bit petty, but then I don't have to satisfy a bunch of accountants, thank goodness. :) What I do find odd is that my base-spec 11yo Corolla had "ALL AUTO" windows, i.e. both electric (front only) windows had the one-touch feature, but my Icon+ grade Auris only has it on the driver's window. The cost difference between the two types of switch must surely be tiny. I suppose I'll get used to it though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links