Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter Ryres

kevin h

Not happy. Received an email offering winter tyres, fitted plus storage of summer tyres from local dealer. Went to order, to be told they don't do 16 inch for the Auris. Well done Toyota

What size do they do then?

15"?

Be careful with the 15's, mates! Depending on the trim, the car might or might not support 15's. The 2015 Auris HSD comes standard on 15 inch wheels for the low level of equipment. However mine is the top level one, that originally came on 17's and turned out it has bigger rotors and calipers and can't take anything smaller than 16's.

Kevin, why don't you just buy a set of 16-inch wheels and tyres yourself and fit them at the local garage? I bought a set of cheap 16-inch HRS wheels, refurbished them and fitted them with a set of Nokian D4's.

• Like 1

Yep, left the dealer, thinking that. My Excel offered a choice of 17 or 16 inch. Decided mpg favoured the 16's. Did try to get 15's but was told that's not possible. Think I know why now.

I don't see any difference in MPG - no matter 16's or 17's - my average mileage varies around 60 MPG. The only thing in favour of the 16's is the lower tyre price and better comfort.

Not happy. Received an email offering winter tyres, fitted plus storage of summer tyres from local dealer. Went to order, to be told they don't do 16 inch for the Auris. Well done Toyota

tbh that'll be down to the individual dealer. My local dealer can get pretty much any tyre I want but are uncompetitive with the likes of tyreshopper, oponeo etc.

You could argue that the increased price went to pay for the tyre hotel except that this dealer (& I believe the other 7 Toyota dealers within the group) don't operate a tyre hotel scheme ...

I'm knackered after a long week of nightshifts, so apologies if I'm missing something really obvious, but I also responded to a winter tyre offer from a local garage and gave them my tyre size 205/55 R16 and they have offered me the choice of Dunlop Winter Sport 5's or Goodyear Ultra Grip 9's.

Surely that's your local dealer at fault rather than Toyota ?

Decided on the Goodyear Ultra Grip 9's over the Dunlops after reading reviews on both.

Paid £80 per tyre including fitting, balancing etc and a free change back in the Spring. Toyota dealership wanted £117 for the same tyres and £60 to change them back in the Spring.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links