Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Please - 2 Problems

camrul786

Hi guys, can you help me out please?

Im not great with cars, i drive a 2005 yaris.

problem 1

4 months ago, when i pressed the brakes, there was a metal creaking noise. so i bought new brake pads and brake discs from europarts, BUT, i only changed the front brake pads and discs because the mechanic said that yaris do not have brake discs and pads at the back? 4 months later, the brake noises are more apparent.

Are the rear brakes causing this? did the mechanic get it wrong about the pads and discs, if so, what do i need to buy?

problem 2

this is an annoying one. when im driving and take a sharp turn or turn right on a small roundabout, i hear a weird grinding noise. its more apparent if theres 4 people in the car, but even if im alone, the noise comes when taking the sharp turn. I let a mechanic drive it, but annoyingly, the noise did not come when he took the turn. Sods law.

what could this be?

thanks anyone who can help.

1 Rear brakes are probably drums so new shoes may be required.

2 Sounds like a CV joint at the wheel has gone, Look at the rubber boots covering them if there is a hole in one then that's the problem one. These are usually picked up on the MOT as it's a failure issue.

Problem 1,if the noise changed when you replaced the front pads and discs you're probably working on the right end.A creaking (rather than grinding) is usually caused by a lack of lube (copper slip) between the sliding pins and caliper carrier but can be caused by the same between the pads and carrier (conventional wisdom says this should cause a sueal but these noises have an annoying habit of not following the rules)If your car has a very high mileage wear in carrier at the pads and/or pins can cause it (is the noise worse on initial application when reversing or driving forward after reversing) if so you can only cure it fully by replacing the carriers (when you see the price you may decide you can live with the noise) If you remove one your back wheels it will be obvious if your car has drum brakes (a boring looking plain round err drum) in which case they probably wont need attention until 100k plus.If it has disks ( similar set up to the front)A regular strip and clean ain't a bad idea as they get hit by all the crud thrown up by the front.As always some cars seem to suffer worse than others.Problem 2 sounds like classic CV joint failure, take your car to a car park open the windows and drive in circles on full lock a rapid 'clacking/rumbling' sound will confirm.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links