Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Lock Doors

knocker

Hi all is it possible to switch on the auto lock function myself on my Yaris 65 plate hybrid , any help would be great , thanks in advance

If you're asking about an auto lock feature which operates when the car is in motion and reaches a set speed, I don't think the Yaris has this feature.

Nope, doesn't seem to be fitted on either our mk3 Yaris or my PiP disapointingly.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

Some third-party alarm systems, such as Pandora mini BT, would allow you to have this feature work with the car.  This is how I did it on my 2014 hybrid yaris!

I bought a module recommended on here that fits in-line to a plug under the steering column cover.  Doors lock when gear lever goes into D or B and unlocks when in P.

Works well.  I'll try and find the link and update.

9 minutes ago, jthspace said:

I bought a module recommended on here that fits in-line to a plug under the steering column cover.  Doors lock when gear lever goes into D or B and unlocks when in P.

Works well.  I'll try and find the link and update.

HI Jeff

Interested in the module, but I got a question about it

What happens if you have an accident with it active?

It unlocks

Amazon Japan

I used Google autotranslate on the iPhone camera when I installed as I disabled hazard flashing when in reverse as its plain annoying! Instructions are in Japanese, but lots of pictures. Otherwise impressed.  With shipping it came to £64 all-in

• Like 2

I had one of the OBD plug in speed lock devices in my previous Rav4, bought it from Aliexpress, it was faultless and was a great little upgrade, however, I cannot vouch for it opening all the doors automatically in a crash or if the car rolls.  They all state it will 🤔

I now have the new Aygo X Cross and I have emailed loads of sellers on Aliexpress for one for my model, but at this present time, no one is doing one yet.

• Like 1

Just now, 152bobby said:

I had one of the OBD plug in speed lock devices in my previous Rav4, bought it from Aliexpress, it was faultless and was a great little upgrade, however, I cannot vouch for it opening all the doors automatically in a crash or if the car rolls.  They all state it will 🤔

I now have the new Aygo X Cross and I have emailed loads of sellers on Aliexpress for one for my model, but at this present time, no one is doing one yet.

I couldn't find an OBD plug for the Yaris, tried a Corola one and it didn't work (except for hazards when reversing).  This one worked and from the link to the item, you can see all of the models it supports, so check, you may be lucky.

• Like 1

Found this one that may work for you, may be worth a punt, pretty sure you would get a refund (eventually) if it doesn't.

I have emailed them to ask if it will work with my new Aygo X Cross.

xuqi Car Auto Smart OBD OBD2 Speed Lock Unlock Fit For Toyota Yaris Auris RAV4 Prius https://amzn.eu/d/dOi6e4n

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 11:27 AM, 152bobby said:

Found this one that may work for you, may be worth a punt, pretty sure you would get a refund (eventually) if it doesn't.

As it is Amazon a refund should be no problem. 

It mentions 'flashing light' and 'flashing light' in auto reverse.   What lights flash?  Is it the hazards mentioned above?

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

What lights flash?  Is it the hazards mentioned above?

Yes

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 12:51 PM, jthspace said:

It unlocks

Amazon Japan

I used Google autotranslate on the iPhone camera when I installed as I disabled hazard flashing when in reverse as its plain annoying! Instructions are in Japanese, but lots of pictures. Otherwise impressed.  With shipping it came to £64 all-in

Mate, you killing me... Not me but my wallet... 

Ffs I've been ordering non stop 2 weeks now. Courier boy now greets me outside by my first name 🤣

• Haha 4

I'd love to know if this would work in the new Aygo X

33 minutes ago, jimaros said:

Mate, you killing me... Not me but my wallet... 

Ffs I've been ordering non stop 2 weeks now. Courier boy now greets me outside by my first name 🤣

Luckily you haven't seen all the mods to my '93 and 2018 MX5's.......

image.thumb.png.fb0f9d38a9fd3cd90fc1ddf6410d3384.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jthspace said:

Luckily you haven't seen all the mods to my '93 and 2018 MX5's.......

image.thumb.png.fb0f9d38a9fd3cd90fc1ddf6410d3384.png

No I haven't but give me your best, for anything Yaris related that could be fitted.

Easy part of  mood lights And window switches is done. Hard part with wiring non existent cables might have to wait for warmer days. Froze my butt off today fitting LEDs on all 4.

Next orders are this, bumper reflectors - brake lights, and dynamic turn lights for mirrors.

• Thanks 1

I've got the replacement rear reflectors with LED's but not sure - they are a bit "dotty" (? could do with more LED's).

I've got to drop the rear bumper to fit reversing sensors. I will visit the reflectors then. I've also seen a replacement led unit for the reversing light (£22) which they say is twice as bright and I'm tempted, otherwise I will add a couple of eye-watering led 2cm units in the skirt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2024 at 6:59 PM, jthspace said:

I've got the replacement rear reflectors with LED's but not sure - they are a bit "dotty" (? could do with more LED's).

I've got to drop the rear bumper to fit reversing sensors. I will visit the reflectors then. I've also seen a replacement led unit for the reversing light (£22) which they say is twice as bright and I'm tempted, otherwise I will add a couple of eye-watering led 2cm units in the skirt.

That is very interesting and cheap, if you are kind please drop a link 🙂

Many thanks like always 

Aliexpress search for Yaris xp210 led, but also brings up Yaris Cross so be careful.

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2024 at 12:51 PM, jthspace said:

It unlocks

Amazon Japan

Wanted to ask you. In the photos of the listing and the YouTube video shows a pcb that interconnects under the steering wheel.

Inside the listing though there's this photo with another video that shows another cable running down the side of the car.

What was sent to you?

My Yaris hybrid is an MXPH11 as Toyota tech.eu says.

It was just the box and two leads/plugs which goes straight in. No extra wires.  

IMG_1802.jpeg

11 hours ago, jthspace said:

It was just the box and two leads/plugs which goes straight in. No extra wires.  

IMG_1802.jpeg

Thank you. 

I have a tendency to forget the photos I want to include. Probably that's for another model 

Screenshot_20240222-225744~3.png

I believe the bottom of the advert is generic and used for other devices.  The Japanese text translates identically to that at the top, specific, item on offer.

I used Google Translate on my iPhone and the camera option to see the pop-up translation, exactly as I did for the install as the supplied instructions, unsurprisingly, are in Japanese.

This is a great, invisible in use, add-on and I'm very impressed with it.

46 minutes ago, jthspace said:

I believe the bottom of the advert is generic and used for other devices.  The Japanese text translates identically to that at the top, specific, item on offer.

I used Google Translate on my iPhone and the camera option to see the pop-up translation, exactly as I did for the install as the supplied instructions, unsurprisingly, are in Japanese.

This is a great, invisible in use, add-on and I'm very impressed with it.

Thank you for everything, even though you are killing me economically 😂

If I manage to make an account on Japanese Amazon (otp message doesn't like Greece probably) I'll buy this and the cup holder for the wrong side of the driver so as the misses has her own🤕🤬

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links