Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reversing Beepers

Bladesman

I have just bought the new version of the Auris Hybrid Excel.  In the previous version which I had for two years, the reversing beepers were cancelled during a software update.  This meant that instead of incessant beeping, the car beeped only once when put into reverse. 

However upon taking delivery of my new Auris, the reversing beepers continue all the time the car is in reverse.  Imaging the din inside the cabin when these are joined by the parking assist sensors!  I have asked the dealer if the reversing beepers can be turned off.  He says not.  Has anyone else encountered this problem and has anyone come up with a solution?

Hello Frank - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thread moved to the Auris club.

The reverse beeps can be switched from constant to single but it is a bit convoluted to do, to do it on a new facelift Auris the diagnostic machine needs to be started off on a pre facelift Auris and the process followed through until the point the screen shows the option to alter the setting, before this is done move the computer over to your car and connect it up then switch the setting over as required.

Its a pain but it is possible  

better tell Toyota that :wink: On the Toyota blog a few days ago they said (I believe probably to Frank above & after checking with tech.) that it can't be done ...  http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-touch-2-how-to-send-directions-to-your-device/comment-page-1#comment-1544218

Lee's posted this work-around previously.

Hello, Bladesman... Here is my solution to the reverse beeper single beep. I have the post facelift model and I didn't need a pre-facelift one for this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links