Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What mileage can you expect from the tsport engine ?.

tsporttinny

Got 126000 on the clock just wondered what mileage you would expect before the engine blew up or I flog it to the local taxi firm

Sent from my iPad using Toyota OC

With regular oil changes and routine mantinence I see no reason why you shouldn't get over 200k at least.

I've got 124K on my engine. Runs absolutely sweet. Dads got a 2ZZGE engine in an MR2 Mk3 roadster which has 150K i believe; runs great as well! They're really strong engines and with regular oil changes (every 5K-7.5K) like SanaYusuf said, you'll be absolutely fine. 

Hi Guys,

Quick question seeing as your all T Sport owners. I've been looking at a compressor model with 52,000 miles on it. The Cat needs changing and might need a new clutch high bite point. Driven it, quick as hell was shocked TBH! Seeing as pretty much all of these have been ragged to hell what shall I look out for. Already seen the new buyers check-list (lift etc) but anything extra on the compressor version? is their an easy way to check compressor oil?

Many Thanks!

I have a 2.2 D-4D on 200,000 miles still running well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

To be honest Amir I have no idea about the compressor. I've only ever seen one on the road before :dry:

I think these cars generally have a high(ish) bite point on the clutch. I think it's just how the cars are! Mines not super high but it's not exactly in the middle.

CATs can be fairly expensive from what I've heard. Search for prices (of course) before you buy to factor in the final cost of the car.

I not sure what else is different on the supercharged version compared to the normal T-Sports. Best to Google. 

• 1 month later...

200thousand kilometres and running as she did when new, serviced every 10thousand k's religiosly with 0w30 Castrol edge That's in a 1.4 petrol but if you've looked after your t-sport keep it until it has regular problems :) 

My 2002 tsport has just clicked 180,000 miles.

its had 1 clutch at around 70,000 and still has its original exhaust

can,t fault the engine or running gear but am having small niggles with seat tilt mechanism and drivers seat air bag,

would buy another at the drop of a hat but want mine to see at least 200000

• 2 weeks later...

Still going strong at 156k, regular service, pulls like a screaming banshee and is used daily :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links