Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head unit not powering up

Mamun1992

Three days ago the sat nav unit on my Toyota auris started playing up, when I started the car it wouldn't turn on then after 5 minute of driving suddenly turned on, then two days a go was working fine then all of a sudden turned off and none of the buttons have any lights on so I'm guessing there's no power going into it, took it out and took all the cables off and put them back on and still no power. Anyone had this problem and can anyone help?

The car is a 2008 Toyota auris 2.2 sr180 and the model number on the head unit is b9005.

Would be helpful to know more details of your car (year, trim level) and the model number of your head unit (usually on the front of the unit).

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Would be helpful to know more details of your car (year, trim level) and the model number of your head unit (usually on the front of the unit).

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The car is a 2008 Toyota auris 2.2 sr180 and the model number on the head unit is b9005

can you check (e.g. voltmeter) if the supplying cables have power? If they do then it is probably a bad connection somewhere or possibly a fuse in the unit. 

53 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

can you check (e.g. voltmeter) if the supplying cables have power? If they do then it is probably a bad connection somewhere or possibly a fuse in the unit. 

Will check that in the morning, I have checked the fuses and they're all fine, is there one in the actual head unit?

it is quite possible that the unit has a fuse  of it's own

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links