Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2008 Headlight Adjustment

auriser

Advice on Auris 2008 main beam adjustment please. Offside main beam is low (would be the offside, wouldn't it!). I'm assuming that there is a main beam adjuster independent from the motorised one. I see two white allen key sockets but am wary of messing up the motorised alignment if they're part of the cabin adjustment system. Thanks for helping.

One screw will adjust vertical, the other horizontal.  Adjusting them shouldn't affect the electric operation.

• Like 1

Adjust them while shining the beam against a wall, from a few feet back.  Mark where the beams currently shine, then adjust the 'bad' one to the same height as the good one.  

Thank you. My problem is that the RH MAIN BEAM ONLY is out of kilter and I'd hoped that there would be separate dip and main beam adjusters. Using the adjuster screws moves both main and dipped so I'm no further forward, seems that they are in a composite unit though the dipped beam does appear to be an insert. It isn't the bulb itself, if I substitute right and left the same thing happens. I'm considering possible damage to the bulb holder on the RH side. I'm due a service, will as dealer then. I've located aftermarket replacement headlamp but I do use Osram Nightbreaker bulbs (excellent) and I worry that non-Toyota lenses might yellow.

I seem to recall someone (Frosty?) posting a while ago about the Osran Nightbreaker bulbs, that you had to either modify the bulb tabs or the bulb holder itself to get them to fit right. Could it be that you main beam bulb is not sitting properly in its holder?

Unfortunately you can't adjust separate high and low beam; I'm afraid you have to change the headlight assembly.

Thanks everyone very much. I think the problem lies with damage to this this particular headlight as the other side fits easily.The tags are the same as the lower rated "170%" halogens that came out (H11 and HB3). I tread easing the leading edge of the tags but that didn't help. I looked at the Night Breaker (two words) thread, thanks TomdeGuerre. I have Night Breaker Ultimate all round, It's an exceptional light and I thoroughly recommended them and though I don't expect extended life I think they're worth the money. It looks to me as thought the push-in ring is replaceable at the back of the headlamp housing but the coolant reservoir will have to come out. A dealer job in my world.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links