Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying First New Car. Any Advice Highly Appreciated.

Fostel

Dear Toyota Owners,

First of all I want to say hello to everybody as I am new TOC user.

As my current job is not secure anymore (government cut backs coming in April) and I am father of two little ones I have to look after, I decided to to became a full time mini cab driver. 

I always been a huge fan of Corolla, so 7 seat Verso Trend or Excel is my car of choice. Unfortunately I am still full of unanswered questions and the time is ticking, so I decided to ask Toyota community for support.

1) Which engine version to choose? I never own automatic transmission car but I feel that being minicaber may need it. I done some research and find out that 1.6 BMW diesel is a bit weak, noisy and manual only. I wish to add that I plan to travel with 4 people (2 adults + 2 kids) and luggage (possibly bikes) long distances too. 2x 900 miles at least twice per year. Will 1.8 petrol automatic be a good choice then?

2) I am completely noob in insurance world, so serious explanation needed. Where to start, how, how much it may cost, how the whole process looks like (timing). Shall I decide before or after purchase?

3) I just red (this forum) that new Verso 2016 is coming. Will be worthy to wait or should I go for 2015 model? (I am going to buy it on finances somewhere in next two weeks). 

4) In the finances application they ask for yearly mileage. Any ideas what to choose? Any minicab/ experienced drivers here?

5) Which Toyota dealer is recommended in London area? I have been reading really poor after purchase (servicing) experience reviews about some of them (Jemca Bromley for example). So, where to go, which services or packages ask for, and what to avoid.

I think that's it at the moment. Thank you.

Appreciate your help.

Fostel (hopefully Toyota owner soon).

Hi and welcome.

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to give us a try. If you wanted to Private Message me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back. They'll be able to talk you through the whole process for you.

Regards,

Dan. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links