Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear view mirror

Drinu

HI all,

I have a 2011 1.33 Auris which comes with the standard rear view mirror with the flip day/night mode. I was thinking of swapping this with an auto dimming one that you get in the T-Spirit models.

I have 2 questions regarding this.

1. How difficult is it to do this in the first place

2. Would an Avensis auto dimming mirror fit as its easier to come across those than the ones for an Auris.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks in advance

Adrian

I can't answer your question per-se, but...

We recently owned a 2012 Avensis TR and a 2011 Auris TR, both with auto dimming rear view mirrors.  The mirror on the Auris was slightly different - it had a small orange light shining out the bottom of the bracket towards the dash, where the Avensis didn't...but it looked like it was a blank plug in it's place.

I don't think it would be difficult to fit one but you'd need to check what wiring you have.  I assume it needs a live feed when the lights are on.

21 hours ago, Drinu said:

2. Would an Avensis auto dimming mirror fit as its easier to come across those than the ones for an Auris.

I've been thinkig the same, and I already bought Avensis mirror, only to notice that the bracket on the windshield is different. I've been browsing eBay, and I think that the Auris autodim mirror has different bracket than the regular one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links