Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Design Flaw - Bonnet

YarisHybrid2016

Hi,

Yep - I think I managed to find a problem! :(

Basically it involves the bonnet, and the area below the windshield, passenger side.

When washing the car, no matter how careful one is with a hosepipe, water ingresses between the water drain and the bonnet, on the passenger side, which disturbingly results in the inverter and other wiring to run in water! I found this out when I opened the bonnet to re-fill the washer bottle after washing the car, only to find the electrics on the right side dripping in water, all the way to the electrical connections on the headlight!!

Looking closer, there is a seal across the center 3/4 of the bonnet, but large gaps at each corner by the hindges! This appears to be by design, but allows large amounts of water to ingress the engine compartment during washing. Note that the hosepipe was never run down the gap of the bonnet (I'm very aware of blasting water where it shouldn't be).

Are these gaps required for airflow when driving? Anyone know the best way to contact Toyota about this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links