Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Paseo Member

Richie (Paseo)

Hi peeps, never heard of a paseo before march, now i own 1, found someone who was selling his rather moddified paseo, and i fell in love with it so snapped it up, i now have no regrets! Ive only just today come across this site and im glad i did, i didnt think there were any paseo sites out there.

Ive put a picture on here(hope it works) of when i 1st bought the car, had a little accident in april, so its all changed now, but i will get some new pics and put them on here soon for you all to browse over.

Im from lowestoft in east anglia, just wondering if there are many other people from this area as ive never seen another modded paseo or even a standard sera.

Or if you reconise this car, please let me know.

Also let me kno what you think of this picture.

Many thanks

Richie

http://www.free-image-hosting.org/pic.php?...19065636134.jpg

Edited by 97paseo

Welcome to the TOC. it's a rather interesting looking 'seo you have there. Is that aluminium park bench on top of the stock spoiler, and what is with the exhaust? I'm more into the plain "sleeper" look myself. no visual mods, but I'll have one of, if not the fastest NA paseo by the end of summer :D . what all does it have done to it? post more pics!!!!

always nice to have more 2g owners on here, welcome again!

Link edited. :thumbsup:

Those are some interesting mods you have there! Welcome to TOC. B)

welcome to the site mate, like the car, not too keen on the spoiler tho, and i think the exhaust stick out a bit to far, but other than that, pretty cool. A little work and that could be a very cool paseo indeed, what plans do u have for it?

Thanks for the quick replies, like i said it has been through alot of changes in the last few weeks, 2 days before i crashed, i had a new standard exhaust system fitted (toyota wanted £750, as its 1 whole pipe, but i got 1 through my mate for £300!) those awful motorbike backboxes have now gone, and just got 1 single 4" tailpipe(which is rather loud, sounds like a full rally exhaust!) just had to fill the hole on the other side. Other than the exhaust the engine is totally standard. I want to get rid of the spoiler, but cant afford a new 1 yet, afta an evo spoiler.

Anybody recognise the bodykit or is it a custom jobbie?

Paseo2nr what you having done to your engine then?

Just took some more pictures, see what you think!

Heres a few of the damage when i crashed, i was gutted to see my beauty in this state!

http://www.free-image-hosting.org/pic.php?...16209172248.jpg

http://www.free-image-hosting.org/pic.php?...16209175160.jpg

http://www.free-image-hosting.org/pic.php?...16209182314.jpg

http://www.free-image-hosting.org/pic.php?...16209185187.jpg

Heres 1 of the back as you can see theres now only 1 exhaust :D should be sprayed in the next few weeks.

http://www.free-image-hosting.org/pic.php?...16209201036.jpg

Heres 2 of the front, im in the process of smoothing the front Badge off, and moving the number plate, going to move it down onto the bottom lip.

http://www.free-image-hosting.org/pic.php?...16209221845.jpg

http://www.free-image-hosting.org/pic.php?...16209225470.jpg

Now weve got a picture of each side, only graphics on 1 side as the other side was where i had the crash, so they had to come off, but im in the process of designing some new ones which will be in chrome.

http://www.free-image-hosting.org/pic.php?...16209245030.jpg

http://www.free-image-hosting.org/pic.php?...16209252434.jpg

Just hope all these pictures work.

I want to get it lowered next, thinking of importing some adjustable coilovers from the us eBay, their only about £80 including postage, whats your opinions on them?

After lowering i will need to get the wheels re-chromed, as their starting to peel off. Then work will start on the performance....hopefully(depending on my funds)

the front looks good mate,

but please lose the spoiler, it doesnt suit the car at all. what sort of graphics are you thinking of putting on?

Crash pics are nasty but it looks like you've got things nicely under control there. :thumbsup:

There's a standard Si spolier on e-bay at the mo in silver for £35 if you're interested. Looks like you've got a Galliano front spoiler/splitter there, thats what I'd like but can't find one. :( Rear looks custom but I'm not sure.

You getting a full re-spray done?

Richie-I have a Weapon-R intake with an air twisting insert, pacesetter header (about to be heat wrapped), a custom 2 1/4" mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator to a free flow back box with a titanium stained tip (going on in about an hour, i'm sooo excited!) NGK spark wires (worthless) and a freedom design front upper strut bar.

Audio-4" Pioneer 2-ways, 6 1/2" pioneer 3-ways, 10" Pioneer 450W sub, 460W Sony Xplode Amp, and an Alpine head unit.

On the way-I have Dropzone coilovers sitting in my house, but am waiting for new shocks to put them on. In the post are Denso Iridium spark plugs, and an HKS style engine grounding kit. After that comes the MSD ignition, and hopefully a Viper 400 performance module

Like I said, hopefully the fastest NA paseo in the world :D :D

If you need any tech help, I know the guys on here know their stuff, and i'm sure they'd be willing to help.

Theses are the graphics ive come up with so far, think they should look pretty good in chrome!

http://www.free-image-hosting.org/pic.php?...16210113950.jpg

But as soon as i can afford a better spoiler i will get 1, ive already got the standard Si spoiler, thats what the big wing is attached to lol :lol:

The front has taken me 3 whole days to do so far, and its still far from finished!

The crash was rather nasty, shook me up for a while, driving down a country lane at night, came to a very sharp corner which wasnt sign posted, slammed the brakes on and the car just slid straight off the corner and into the biggest ditch you had ever seen!!! about 7ft deep! luckerly got it pulled out ok, got the whole side repaired for £600, i was well chuffed, i got 1 quote which was over £3000.

Not getting a full respray, just the front bumper and back bottom bit (forgotten the name of that bit)

Paseo2nr, that sounds real nice, bet its costing you a fortune!

Im trying to think of a design for a box to put in the boot for my ice, i got 2x 15" directed audio subs, and boss 1000watt amp, and a power cap, any ideas of how i could squeeze them all in? as it is a rather odd shaped boot. :blink:

ive already got the standard Si spoiler, thats what the big wing is attached to lol :lol:

Saw the standard spoiler but assumed that when you remove the big wing from it you'll have holes in it?

Graphics should look good, front looks very nice - good work. :thumbsup:

yeah thats true, but i would just fill the holes and spray the whole thing, jobs a goodun :thumbsup:

Thanks anyway

are you doing all the work on it ur self? how did u fill the hole with the toyota Badge in it?

Yep, im doin all the work myself, not that ive got time to really, but its just taking abit longer thats all.

To fill the hole, i took the bumper off, because i had to fill the number plate holes aswell, it makes it easier to get to if its all off. Theres a screw in the back holding the Badge in place, when removed the whole Badge comes straight out leaving you with a big hole. Get a knife and put loads of cuts in the plastic around outside of the hole, or else the fibreglass wont stick. Then fibreglass over the back of the hole, rub done the paint on the inside of the hole, then start filling it up with bodyfiller, and rub done till its smooth, this may need to be done several times (thats the hard bit, trying to get it smooth). I did the same with the numberplate holes.

Should look the nuts when its all sprayed and finished!!! :yes:

Oow, cheeky rick, while i remember i read in another post that youve got a spare paseo for bits, just wondering if youve got the centre plastic bit, where the handbrake and gearstick come through, as mine is scratched to buggery. Any chance you fancy sellin it to me if you have? Where abouts are you?

Welcome along mate :thumbsup:

Glad to see another one along, that wing looks bigger than mine :eek: I think I was the black sheep of the site for a while when I put an alloy wing on :lol:

yeah i have got that bit (and most others), im in lincolnshire (east coast), so make me an offer for it.

im not so sure that just that fiberglass alone will be solid enough, if i was doing it i would have been tempted to plastic weld the hole up as close as i could to the edge but still leaving me some room for a bit of filler. just keep an eye out for cracking mate.

Looks like your over 130 miles away, abit far to come just to get a piece of plastic lol. I will have a look around my car and see what other bits i need, and maybe postage will be cheaper to send them all at once?!

You dont think it might crack and fall out do you? im abit worried now! lol.

Hey daz, seems not many like our alley spoilers, tell u the truth, id never go out and buy 1!!!

Paseo2nr, that sounds real nice, bet its costing you a fortune!

not a small fortune, either. parts for 'seos are expensive!!!

maybe postage will be cheaper to send them all at once?!

You dont think it might crack and fall out do you? im abit worried now! lol.

i dont know about postage, but we could find out, i wouldnt mind meeting u abit closer than lincoln, im always driving around the country im sure we could sort some thing out...

and it might crack but i shouldnt think it will fall out, the problem with filler is that it doesnt really flex, so if there is alot of it then there is a good chance it will crack...

i cant see any pics... :crybaby:

3welcome to the club anyways :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links