Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

YarisTurning Circle

mickandjanet

I have a Yaris 2015 courtesy car at the moment while my own Yaris 2015 is being repaired due to Storm Damage, notice that the tuning circle is much better on the loan car than my own which has 16" wheels, the loan car has 15" wheels and makes such a difference with parking and easier to U turn, Thinking of changing down to the smaller size, can anyone see a problem with this.

Depends whether your insurer considers it as a modification, accepts the change and whether they charge an extra premium.

12 minutes ago, mickandjanet said:

I have a Yaris 2015 courtesy car at the moment while my own Yaris 2015 is being repaired due to Storm Damage, notice that the tuning circle is much better on the loan car than my own which has 16" wheels, the loan car has 15" wheels and makes such a difference with parking and easier to U turn, Thinking of changing down to the smaller size, can anyone see a problem with this.

Changing to smaller wheels won't change your turning radius as cars factory fitted with 16" wheels have a different steering rack design than cars with 15" wheels to ensure the larger wheels don't contact the body work at full lock or extreme suspension angles/loading, you'd end up with smaller wheels but the same turning radius 

Thanks for the reply Guys, Both your comments have put my idea to change to bed, will put up with what i have for now.

Thanks again

3 hours ago, mickandjanet said:

You'll need to make sure the smaller wheels will fit over your brake discs and fit them with a tyre size that's comparable to the present. About halfway down this web page will give you the difference, go to 'A tyre size calculator' :http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html

You'll also need to inform your insurer of the modification.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links