Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel rail piggy back box

Clamjouster

So a year or so ago I fitted one of those Italianspeed tuning boxes on my Toyota Auris T180, put it in Sport mode and promptly forgot about it.

Last weekend while servicing the car I spotted it and thought I'd have a fiddle so put it in Race mode which supposedly gives more power and torque through the entire rev range and then cranked the variable potentiometer up to full.

I'll say I'm quite surprised really as I've had this car a long time and know it very well and the fact this snake oil box has managed to potentially bring the engine significantly closer to the original claimed output figures for this engine is a nice bonus.

Alongside this car I run a 2008 Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20v Turbo (180 bhp) which historically has always left the T180 for dead in terms of acceleration. This tuning box has closed the gap quite considerably.

Anyone else had a similar experience with one of these too good to be true tdi tuning boxes?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links