Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Double Din Multimedia USB on the back

teodor k

Hello,

I've decided to change the default Auris 2009 stereo, with a Pioneer Double DIN (Pioneer AVH-280BT) which has a USB port on the back.

Question - how easy it is to take the USB extension cable from the back of the stereo to/in the upper glove box, just as it is in the newer Auris models:

IMG_20150923_143731_zpsx4ekiojb.jpg

And do you think it would be better to integrate such a port there, instead of just leaving the extension cable end inside the glove box?

$_57.JPG

The original USB/AUX socket uses a bespoke Toyota connection. There is a solution available on eBay.

When I installed my USB adapter to my Mk3 Avensis, I replaced the original Aux only socket with the following: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-stereo-dash-mount-USB-AUX-adapter-port-extension-cable-/121504852123?hash=item1c4a40e89b:g:XcEAAOSwRLZUHh5~

It is the perfect fit and the car look like it came out the factory that way. The cable is long enough for what you need, about 2ft. See my following post: 

Since you are doing a Pioneer install, you may be able to help a fellow Auris owner who wants to do the same: 

Yea, sure i will try to help after i install it, in the beginning of June.
 In your Avensis you already had Aux socket, the 2009 auris doesn't have it. That's why i am asking how easy it would be to integrate such in the upper glove box or to just put the USB cable end in there :)

What I did was get the AUX/USB socket and cable from the very same eBay seller, and replace the AUX only socket. What I did is route the cable up to the Bluetooth/AUX/MicroSD/USB adapter, and plug the actual socket as this is a direct fit. 

I moved the old socket into the space inside the centre console, near the storage compartment. I then connected the new AUX from the USB cable to the old AUX. That way if by chance the AUX is needed, it can be switch from the stereo. The original cables are hard wired into the loom, so it best to leave in situ. 

Yes, i understand what you suggested, but the 2009 Auris does not have any socket as your Avensis had. So maybe a hole should be drilled there (in the upper glove box) in order to insert such a cable/socket.

Maybe i just cannot express myself properly (i'm not a native English speaker) and maybe my question was wrongly asked, what i need to know is - Is there an easy way to put a socket/cable in the upper glove box from behind the stereo. I do not really have issues with changing the default stereo with the new pioneer one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links