Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

At last... The new car is home!

CPN

PXL_20240402_131027846.RAW-01.COVER-Copy.thumb.jpg.c9ea2c028d9bb355cee518a88d86a07e.jpg

First impressions: Nippier than the Red Baron, most definitely. Suspension seems much more taught but that could be because it's new and there was only 4 miles on the clock so hasn't had chance to soften yet. I don't know if it's just me being subjective but I swear that the turning circle is tighter?! My beloved HUD is there and after what seemed to be disaster (Hybrid Assistant shut down with "unknown" in the space for the car model!) and much hasty transfer of debugging logs, the team at Hybrid Assistant quickly "fixed me" and that is up and running great! Happy days! :yahoo:

Obviously, I've only driven it 20 miles back to home so check back here in a week or so and I'll try and do a much more objective revue directly comparing it with our dear departed Launch Edition (the Red Baron). So far, so many more dashboards to tinker with!! 🤣

I know it is not usual to show the reg number of a car but I just couldn't resist this as we managed to get a "kind of" status plate by accident when I saw it on the list and it fits me to a "T"!! 😇

PXL_20240402_130942216.RAW-01.COVER.thumb.jpg.03959bf8b7af677b0ad10308ecd05de2.jpg

(PS. ...and the "new24" is pretty appropriate too!!)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Car looks a million dollars Colin, safe driving and enjoy, beautiful colour too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looks like a great car 🚙👌

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Goddamnit stop tempting me!!

Sooo how long do you think you'll keep it for? No reason... :whistling1:

Glad you finally got through all that palava though, and bonus points for that reg plate  :laugh: 

I still can't get over how much better that colour looks in members photos compared to the official pictures! :wacko:

I await your detailed dissertation :naughty: :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Goddamnit stop tempting me!!

🤣

Sooo how long do you think you'll keep it for? No reason... :whistling1:

No clue but I did find out what the new GRFOUR Yaris with the new double clutch auto box is going to cost today...

£60000 at least!! :jawdrop:

Bonus points for that reg plate though :laugh: 

Thanks 😉 (nice and easy to remember!)

• Like 2

Blimey I thought the £60k was just for the signature ones, the autobox is only supposed to be something like £45-ish! :confused1: (Which is admittedly still pretty high!!)

To be fair, that £60K is for the top of the range with the autobox (and circuit pack etc) and all the other bells & whistles.

• Like 3

I can't see them selling many of them at that price... it's a great car and all, but at the end of the day it still says Yaris on the Badge!!!! :laugh: 

"You paid sixty THOUSAND pounds for a YARIS!?"

"No no it's a GR-"

"YARIS!"

"Yes! ... Goddamnit I paid 60 thousand pounds for a Yaris!?!?"

They should have partnered up with Subaru and called it a YRS WRX STi or something instead :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

So what are you going to call this one?..the blue bullet.?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

That's already established as the BLUE DEMON, I think 🤔 

• Like 5

Hi Colin, congratulations on your new Yaris, lovely colour and looking forward to your thoughts once you have had a chance to have driven it for a while.:smile:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Primus1 said:

I did think about that name but my screaming around sideways days in rally cars ended years ago... 🤣

• Haha 5

Love the colour. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Now that's a great looking car Colin, look forward to your views, lets hope it doesn't turn into another "battery" topic 😉😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Yes the only new Battery topic I want to see is about where you can get the best fish and chips :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Look forward to your in depth report in the near future.

• Like 1

Someone needs to organise a naming poll, 

bluey mc blueface is definitely off the agenda 😆

• Haha 4

Toyota named mine Vincent at the factory which proves how special it was.  They even fitted a nameplate.  This could make a lot of people jealous and I get that but you’re either a special customer or you’re not, just accept it 👍

IMG_4006.jpeg

• Haha 6

Congrats!

I love this colour so much. When I was in Australia last year, I saw it on so many hybrids!

Yaris MK3, the new Corolla and CHR were the main ones!

• Like 5

Just a small update before the car's first long journey tomorrow... (200 mile round trip)

Ok, got the spare wheel kit (from the old car) fitted in and new wind deflectors will be going on today. The dealer swapped over the mudflaps for me so the main work is done.

As usual, the dealer left the tyres pretty high all round (front: 38/38 rear: 37/37!) so I spent some time getting them down to sane levels so that the car doesn't feel like driving over a cobbled street! Whilst doing this, two things were highlighted. The TPWS is way better than on my last car in that the update process is instant (almost)  rather than having to go drive around the block for 10-20 mins before it will update. On the other hand, the remote status updates to your phone via MyToyota are like wading through molasses! i.e. sloooowwwwww! so not as useful as they first appear! Server and network upgrades required Toyota! I thought Hive was slow but MyToyota is ridiculous! I finished setting the tyres to my preferred level and resetting the system at roughly 5pm yesterday and I got an alert at 11.33pm! "Warning! Sudden deflation detected. Please check your tyres!"

PXL_20240405_172619346.RAW-01.COVER.thumb.jpg.17d1d31716d40a105a89d9b4ccb6d183.jpg

The customisation of the 12" display is excellent although it takes getting your head around!

More later...

Oh, nearly forgot! I can confirm (I think) that the 130 ICE does have a balance shaft in it as it is much quieter in every mode I have heard it start up in and the car is noticeably quieter inside too so I guess they must have beefed up the insulation a bit over the Launch Edition also...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

All good to know Colin.
I pick up my ‘new’ Excel (pre reg ‘24 model Excel with 30 miles on the clock) next couple of weeks after I hand back my Fiat 500 electric (boy, has that depreciated!!).
So the Yaris is all new to me with lots to learn. I’ve been wading through the manual online but hard work.

14 minutes ago, dash said:

All good to know Colin.
I pick up my ‘new’ Excel (pre reg ‘24 model Excel with 30 miles on the clock) next couple of weeks after I hand back my Fiat 500 electric (boy, has that depreciated!!).
So the Yaris is all new to me with lots to learn. I’ve been wading through the manual online but hard work.

I'm pretty sure you will fall in love with it... Bear in mind though that the 130 engine is only available in the Premiere and GR versions. You'll get the 115 in yours  (without balance shaft) but it should benefit from the extra insulation if it's the same across the range...

• Like 3

I couldn't figure out how to get a tachometer displayed, other than in the HUD 🤔

image.jpeg.faab039e5b34ee63029ccbd6c5523143.jpeg

what is the RH dial, Colin ?
Is it (analogue)’mph’ ?

29 minutes ago, Graham47 said:

image.jpeg.faab039e5b34ee63029ccbd6c5523143.jpeg

what is the RH dial, Colin ?
Is it (analogue)’mph’ ?

Yes

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links