Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help needed

t27_bill

Started having some issues with this car recently first one was a message on dash saying dpf full so i took it on a motorway for 30 miles within the first 5 miles the message cleared it self. Two days later i got the dreaded check parking brake warning lost cruise control but power was fine on motorway speeds just in city it would lose power so i would have to drop a gear for it to pick up. Checked on tech stream and i cant seem to find the particulate matter fill level the dpf pressure sensor is showing -356. I also came across some glow plugs warnings and tbh i have noticed that i never see the glowplug lights on the dash when ever i start it but it starts first time. Anyone had any of these issues before? I might just fix the issue and get rid of this crap engine and buy a petrol version or maybe a hybrid instead. 2016 2.0 2ww avensis

20240427_202041.jpg

20240427_201839.jpg

Hi Bill,based on the symptoms, you most likely have a clogged DPF.

The DPF full warning and power loss in city driving are classic signs of a clogged DPF.The other issues,check parking brake warning, cruise control loss could be secondary effects caused by the car going into limp mode to protect the engine.

Yes, ideally, Techstream should be able to provide data related to the particulate matter fill level and DPF pressure sensor readings for your vehicle. However, it's possible that there could be compatibility issues or limitations with the version of Techstream you are using, or it may require specific configurations to access this information for your particular car model. It's worth double checking the software version and ensuring it's fully up to date, and if you continue to have problems then talk to a mechanic or dealership to diagnose the problem accurately.

Get your DPF system checked by a mechanic. They can diagnose the problem and potentially perform a forced regeneration if you are unable to do this yourself.

You have glow plug warnings, although the light on the dash isn't showing. This could be a separate but minor issue to address during your next service to prevent future starting problems.Hope this helps:smile:

• Like 1

Yes i have the old version of tech stream i believe it version 12 and a 1.4 cable. I have ordered some glow plugs and just hope they are the correct ones 134lenght and 28 stark 

As for the dpf im going to get it checked and sorted asap half of me is saying buy a i car soft machine as i did for my merc and do the regen but then im thinking latest techstream might be a better choice

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, t27_bill said:

Yes i have the old version of tech stream i believe it version 12 and a 1.4 cable. I have ordered some glow plugs and just hope they are the correct ones 134lenght and 28 stark 

As for the dpf im going to get it checked and sorted asap half of me is saying buy a i car soft machine as i did for my merc and do the regen but then im thinking latest techstream might be a better choice

Hi Bill,let us know how you get on.:smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links