Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaking Oil

selene

Hi.   I have a 2010 auris diesel.  It was service din November and not due another for 1,000 miles.  The oil light came on.  I dipped it and it seemed fine but I topped it up with diesel oil anyway.  Rang garage and they cant service it for a couple of weeks.   Today I noticed what looks like an oil leak on the ground of the passenger side and another message came up saying check oil main. ?

Its a bank holiday weekend and I'm panicking a bit now.  Has anyone got any advice ?

The 'oil main.' warning usually comes on when an oil change is due.

However, if the oil maintenance indicator (the warning message) wasn't reset when the November service was carried out, the indicator may misbehave and show prematurely.

One can reset the indicator oneself by following these steps:

1. For vehicles without a smart entry & start system -

When the engine is running, press the trip meter reset button (right hand button on the instrumnent cluster) until the odometer is displayed.  Turn the engine off. Press and continue to hold the trip meter reset button, and turn the ignition on, but don't start the engine (if the engine is started, it cancels the reset process). Continue to hold the trip meter reset button until the trip meter shows '000000'. 

2. For vehicles with a smart entry & start system (those with an  Engine Start Stop switch on the dashboard) -

When the engine is running, press the trip meter reset button (right hand button on the instrumnent cluster) until the odometer is displayed. Turn the engine off using the Engine Start Stop switch. Press and continue to hold the trip meter reset button, and set the Engine Start Stop switch to IGNITION ON, but do not start the engine (if the engine is started, it cancels the reset process). Continue to hold the trip meter reset button until the trip meter shows '000000'.

As regards your oil leak, keep a regular check on the oil level and top up as necessary, but don't overfill  - do this between now and when the garage can look at the car. Try putting something below the car when parked to capture the oil and to get an idea of how much is leaking over a period of time - this will be helpful to the garage.

Thank you so much.  That's so informative.  I really appreciate it.

Selene

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links