Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil change Avensis Mk3 1.8

Konrad C

1 hour ago, NeilAvensisT said:

When I went on the Toyota online store, I enquired about the correct oil for my car and they pointed me in the direction of the oil on the link below. £105!!!!!

As with any purchase, it pays to shop around. Toyota 0W-20 oil is available for much less - for example two Toyota dealer groups are currently selling the same on eBay for £60-63 for 5 litres.

Aside from that some members have been using Personas Syntium 7000 0W-20 without issue, which is available for £32-35 for 5 litres and meets Toyota's spec (API SL, SM or SN). There are other similarly priced 0W-20 engine oils which again meet Toyota's specs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great updates chaps, thanks, yes, agree there are far better deals out there. When I spoke to the local Toyota dealer, the service manager told me that whilst 0/20 is the 'preferred' grade in the handbook (for marginal fuel economy reasons), they always used 5/30 for older cars with some wear/mileage, but either grades are absolutely fine. I have used Westway Lubricants for many, many years and can highly recommend their products (I don't work for them or am not associated with them in any way).

• Like 3

When I last got a 5L 0w20 from my other dealer (The one with an actual customer-facing parts desk) it was just over £40! :eek: 

That was a good few years ago tho'... I still have half of it left in the shed and am not sure what to do with it, as the Mk4 takes 0w8 and hasn't been burning oil like the Mk2 did so I haven't had to top it up even a little so far!

On 11/21/2022 at 7:11 PM, Cyker said:

When I last got a 5L 0w20 from my other dealer (The one with an actual customer-facing parts desk) it was just over £40! :eek: 

That was a good few years ago tho'... I still have half of it left in the shed and am not sure what to do with it, as the Mk4 takes 0w8 and hasn't been burning oil like the Mk2 did so I haven't had to top it up even a little so far!

Find someone with a Toyota petrol engine (Prius/Auris/Yaris/etc) that uses that grade and let them have it. If I was local, I would take it off your hands. There are other makes of cars that use 0w20 grade.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links