Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help fitting front mudflaps.

Jezclax

Hello,

Been the owner of a 2011 Auris 1.6 SR in Dacuma grey for approx 2 months now. Bought Toyota Used Approved. 

Trying to fit front mudflaps, Passenger side was easy, the two 10mm bolts to the rear of the wheel just backed out easily and job done. On the driver's side (UK based so it's right hand drive) the 10mm bolts just seen to turn with little resistance and don't want to come outt. Suspect the captive part is just turning in the hole or rusted out. 

Can anyone give me an idea of how to get these out and replace whatever is behind there? Anyone know what is back there and what to replace it with? Considering cutting the liner to get access as it will be hidden by the mudflap when fitted.

Thanks,

Jez  . 

Edited by Jezclax
spelling

I'd be a bit surprised if all the captive parts were spinning free, and on the offside only, unless somebody's replaced the O/S wing and hasn't told you? I didn't have any of those probs when fitting Toyota flaps  to my 2014 Icon Plus, they went in easily.

First off, spray some penetrating oil onto the screw shafts, and try adding some extra persuasion by wedging a screwdriver (or similar) under the bolt head. Might persuade the captive parts to hold tight for long enough to get them loose.

If that fails, consider drilling out the screws and re-tapping a new thread. Cutting the liner will only create an opening for mud and salt to get inside your wheel arches.

Thanks - I tried the wedging thing but will give it another go with some oil.

It's just these two 10mm bolts that are spinning. they're close to the edge of the liner so a little horizontal cut from bolt hole to edge was all I was thinking, repair with heat/tape and then they'll be covered by the mudflap. Maybe a little silicone to seal.

Wing certainly looks original compared to the near side. Well unless both have been replaced! :smile: 

Other option is to get old one off by any means necessary, repair whatever is behind then replace liner with a new part - pattern ones seem to be under 25 quid compared to over a hundred (or so I've seen) for a genuine one.  

Jez

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links