Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tool tray for full size spare wheel in T27 Tourer - correct part number

Konrad C

I have a problem getting a tool tray for my full size 17" spare alloy wheel for my 2009 Avensis Tourer.

I went to my local Toyota dealer in Sidcup, and ordered what the parts person thought was the correct part. When it arrived, it was the exact same item in my car! 

The parts guy said that he used my licence plate number and that's what was available for my car. He was using the Toyota parts computer system. I had the very same problem before with the same parts guy, when trying to order a trim part, and I came to the forum for help:-

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2008/avensis/zrt271r-awfepw/2_273560_041_410W/body/6404_deck-board-deck-trim-cover#64429A

There are three part numbers I can see:-

64429-05020-C0 - is the current tool tray in my car. See photos below.

64429-05030-C0 - this may be the tool tray for full size spare wheel.

64429-05040-C0 - without spare tyre but with repair kit. 

P1110380.jpgP1110382.jpg

Am I correct in thinking that 64429-05030-C0 is the part I need even though the parts man said it is not listed for my car according to his computer. He said get a apart number or quote a licence plate of a car it is designed for!

Lee (Devon Eygo) you helped me last year, what can you find this time?

Or you could ask the same question by sending Parts-King a personal message.

I did some more researched and used 2012 parameters. 

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2012/avensis/zrt271r-awfepw/2_273560_041_530W/body/6404_deck-board-deck-trim-cover#64429A

The part number 64429-05030-C0 is the tool storage for fullsize 16" and 17" wheels including alloys. More details are shown and confirmed all wheel can be accommodated, and the boot cover in place flat to the floor.

Mike, I was thinking of Parts-King and will ask him as a last resort if still no luck. I have PM'd Parts-King anyway.

Edited by Konrad C
additional words

when I was looking to replace the trays in my car (repair kit>spacesaver) the prices quoted by dealers were hundreds of ££s!!!

Luckily managed to find a written off car being dismantled & got the lot much cheaper. I suggest that you look for Tourers in scrappies although I imagine most will have spacesavers (i.e. what you already have).

I've got a 2009 Tourer. It has a space saver but it looks to me like a full size wheel would fit in place of it without changing anything. 

12 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

when I was looking to replace the trays in my car (repair kit>spacesaver) the prices quoted by dealers were hundreds of ££s!!!

Luckily managed to find a written off car being dismantled & got the lot much cheaper. I suggest that you look for Tourers in scrappies although I imagine most will have spacesavers (i.e. what you already have).

Hi Scott,

I now have a fifth alloy wheel as shown in the following photo:-

WP_20160929_001.jpg

As you can see the space saver is practically half the width of the full size wheel/tyre, and even less of a contact patch!

The diameter is smaller too. When I had the puncture a few weeks back, the normal wheel fitted in the wheel well okay, but the tool tray did not fit, neither the under floor storage.

I have options to try. 

1. Cut the dense polystyrene tool tray to the correct height and do without the under storage tray which I hardly use. The floor is only a centimetre or two at the centre towards the door.
  2. Test fit the full size spare and see if the under floor storage fits, then put all the tools in a bag.
  3. Don't use either storage tray and tool storage, then some support for the floor which needs. Again tools in bag.
  4. Get the tool storage for 16"/17" wheels part no. 64429-05030 as planned.

Carl, 17" wheel didn't fit, which is why I am trying the above options. I could have bought the 16" option which is not as wide.

I am sure I read somewhere that an owner cut the tool tray to size to fit.

I will update on my progress and the final solution.

642365H.png

17 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Hi Scott,

I now have a fifth alloy wheel as shown in the following photo:-

WP_20160929_001.jpg

As you can see the space saver is practically half the width of the full size wheel/tyre, and even less of a contact patch!

The diameter is smaller too. When I had the puncture a few weeks back, the normal wheel fitted in the wheel well okay, but the tool tray did not fit, neither the under floor storage.

I have options to try. 

1. Cut the dense polystyrene tool tray to the correct height and do without the under storage tray which I hardly use. The floor is only a centimetre or two at the centre towards the door.
  2. Test fit the full size spare and see if the under floor storage fits, then put all the tools in a bag.
  3. Don't use either storage tray and tool storage, then some support for the floor which needs. Again tools in bag.
  4. Get the tool storage for 16"/17" wheels part no. 64429-05030 as planned.

Carl, 17" wheel didn't fit, which is why I am trying the above options. I could have bought the 16" option which is not as wide.

I am sure I read somewhere that an owner cut the tool tray to size to fit.

I will update on my progress and the final solution.

Update!

I have gone for option '2' - full size spare wheel,storage tray and tools in bag. 

P1110388.jpgP1110389.jpgP1110392.jpgP1110390.jpgP1110391.jpg
The floor cover shuts perfectly and the under floor storage supports the floor cover, so it does not bow under any load weight.

I was too fixated with the tool storage and keeping the floor flat! :bangin:

Thanks for all suggestions everyone, and Parts-king said the items are too expensive at £252.52. 

Scott, I will look in the scrappers to see if there is a tool storage from a Mk2, which fits within the wheel. 

Very happy with the result so far. :biggrin:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links