Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"Worst Car Ever" Aparently.

mickburkesnr

Saw this on the Metro website. The woman has had the car 3 years and wants a replacement because:

• 22,000 from new
  • 2 new engines
  • 3 new clutches
  • 2 new seat bases
  • New exhaust

Amongst other things.

Quite surprised by this, as my 107 has done 65,000 since new and had one new clutch, still on the same engine, and has been a mighty little car. I'm wondering whether her clutch control and maintenance is the issue...

What the article doesn't say is whether the car was bought new or used. If used, no-one knows how the car was driven or treated beforehand.

At the end of the day, as with any car or manufacturer, her contract is with the dealer, not Toyota. Without wishing to be impolite, she doesn't seem to be the slightest of people, which may have contributed to the seat base issue.

If the car was really that bad, why does she want a like for like replacement??  Most people would want something else.

No wonder the seat welds broke she's a fat cnut

7 minutes ago, TomdeGuerre said:

No wonder the seat welds broke she's a fat cnut

Would explain the extra wear and tear on the clutch :wink:

if it's an MMT they do appear to have some issues albeit those can probably be exacerbated by not being used properly.

29 minutes ago, Anthony Poli said:

But still how do you go through 2 engines?

Quickly by the sound of it .....

15 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Without wishing to be impolite, she doesn't seem to be the slightest of people, which may have contributed to the seat base issue.

I'm not even sure about that. I'm pushing 20 stone, and 2 years ago I was about 17 1/2 stone and the seats in my car are fine. I once test drove a Dacia Duster, brand new from the show room, and as I put the seat down so I could fit in it the seat would rock back and forth, making it a fairly scary driving experience. I thought I broke the seat until I sat in the showroom car and did the exact same thing.

8 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

But still how do you go through 2 engines?

I wondered that, and the fact she's had 2 engines and 3 clutches sort of shows the dealership is actually doing everything they can in my book.

15 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If the car was really that bad, why does she want a like for like replacement??  Most people would want something else.

I think by saying that it tries to make her look good, instead of saying outright that she wants a new car and not to pay a thing towards it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links