Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flickering dash lights and bouncing speedo!

Andy4k

Hey,

Just got a wee aygo and having intermittent problems with the dash lights flickering and the speedo bouncing.

Garage can't find a problem but they're just plugging it in for a diagnostic.  I'm thinking maybe alternator or earthing issue?

Anyone come across it?  Vid attached, lights don't go fully bright on the dash, although vid makes it look that way!

thoughts appreciated!!!

andy

IMG_3117.MOV

I don't think a diagnostics will come up with anything, theres not a huge amount of data sent from the Aygo ECU and any issue with wiring would only come up if there was a linked problem later down the line like say an 02 sensor throwing out a fault code as a result of a broken wire/connector.

I would think the issue maybe down to dodgy plug connections (there are several) on the back of the speedo unit, or maybe some previous hacking has been done as it's the easiest place to get 12v feeds from. The unit is quite easy to get at and remove, maybe try it yourself?

Don't think it will be an alternator issue if it does it with the engine off.

using a multimeter on the 20v scale connect it to the Battery and start the car see if the voltage is constant

if it isnt it maybe the regulator in the alternator, remove the plugs and reseat them in the speedo assembly

Thanks guys, will have a bash. 

Doesn't do it with engine off, only when running.

will update....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links