Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Only one reverse lights not working

Aabidimran

Hi

Driver side reverse light is not working for my Avensis 2006. I have checked the bulb and holder, both are fine but red wire in holder for reverse light is not showing any current flow.

Would it be a broken wire/fuse/switch issue? 

Hi if you have two reverse lights and only one working . Check the feed wire from the working lamp to the not working lamp by a wiring continuity test do both the negative and positive . This will tell you if you have a broken wire . Or you can run a slave wire from the working bulb holder to and see if your non working lamp works . Most of the time it's corroded bulb contacts or a corroded broken wire . You can buy a multi meter for very little money and a quick look on u tube will show you how to use it and test a wiring circuit and save yourself money . 

Hi Abid, welcome to the forum :smile:

Are you sure that it has 2 reversing lights? It is quite common these days for manufacturers to have only 1 reversing light (nearside) & 1 fog light (offside).

My 2008 only has one back-up light (nearside). The opposite side is the fog light. 

I was thinking this myself but thought maybe an import or lived in another country . 

6 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Hi Abid, welcome to the forum :smile:

Are you sure that it has 2 reversing lights? It is quite common these days for manufacturers to have only 1 reversing light (nearside) & 1 fog light (offside).

Hi,

I never noticed how many reverse lights are on my car. Its been few months i am driving this car. Any clue if avensis 2006 got only one reverse light? how to test the fog light (offside)? Not much familiar with this model apologies.

My 2006 only has 1 the other side is the fog.. (right hand drive) 

1 hour ago, Aabidimran said:

Hi,

I never noticed how many reverse lights are on my car. Its been few months i am driving this car. Any clue if avensis 2006 got only one reverse light? how to test the fog light (offside)?

switch it on ... :tongue:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

switch it on ... :tongue:

Lolz i thought it would be a rocket science😀 Thanks mate.

All Mk2 and Mk3 Avensis have one reverse on the passenger side, one fog on the drivers side. That is how they were designed. I have come across other makers cars where there is a passenger reverse light that is not wired - just a spare bulb! 

The Mk1 had both fog and reverse on both sides. I remember a member who wanted to change one of the rear lights on his Mk2 so both side match. That would mean getting a left hand drive light, then installing a tinted bulb.

I am personally not that bothered. 

I can confirm that Avensis 2006 has one reverse and one fog light. 

Many thanks to all for help. Appreciate that.

Abid

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links