Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Estima

wdavie

Hello all. I'm new to the forum and am considering purchasing an estima 4x4. I worry about the problem of overheating, currently own a surf so been there and got t shirt don't want similar problems. Is there any problems known with the cylinder heads on the estima. Also which would be the best model to buy? there seems to be a lot of different models, lucidia previas etc. Thanks for any help

Wayne

When test driving take it out for a long one the temp gauge should stay just below 1/2 way and not go any higher, try putting the Air con on and going up hills, say 60mph in top on a TD auto will have it loaded up enough. Mine doesn't budge from the below 1/2 way no matter what, also check water and oil levels colour for contamination from a possible popped head gasket

When test driving take it out for a long one the temp gauge should stay just below 1/2 way and not go any higher, try putting the Air con on and going up hills, say 60mph in top on a TD auto will have it loaded up enough. Mine doesn't budge from the below 1/2 way no matter what, also check water and oil levels colour for contamination from a possible popped head gasket

All of the above. No problems with mine. As to best model it depends what you want, 7 seater or 8 seater. G models are 7 seats and normally top spec X are 8 seaters, X-Lux same spec as G but 8 seats.

:thumbsup:

Try this site for model option information, it's not being updated much but has some useful info on the whole toyota people carrier import thing.

http://uktoyotaestimasite.tripod.com/index.html

The Japanese are mad keen on extra's so the model code is probably of little use I have an X-Lux and it's a beauty (not biased at all) Extra's come by the bag load but ABS, tow bar and roof rails are worth looking out for if you have the need. These don't come as standard usually and are a fair cost if retro fitting.

Being deisel the engine blocks are fairly hefty bits of kit and I've had no probs, nor heard of any. My indicator guage however sits just above centre and always has. It doesn't move with air con, hills, after oil changes etc etc. BUT follow all of the other advice.

Ed

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links