Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is The Yaris The Next Nova?

Griffyn

Have you modified your Yaris?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Have you modified your Yaris?

• Yes, I have.
    • No, I havn't.
    • I want to.

If you have modified your yaris please list what you have done as.

So far I have only fitted an aftermarket head unit, with new front door Speakers (focal 120mm), some focal 6x9s on shelf and a panasonic 300w RMS sub. I have got the standard 14" colour collection alloys which will do for the moment until I can afford some new alloys.

In the summer however I am getting a K&N filter, a cobra alarm/immobiliser, the blitz nur spec exhaust and two 12" subwoofers which 600W RMS each!!! For this I am going to get a ported base box and I will also get a stealth shelf for my 6x9s. I am also going to get some neons inside. In the footwells, under driver and passenger seats, on bottom of shelf to highlight subs when boot is open as they look nice!! And i am also going to put some leds in the air vents above the centre console and neons in the cubby holes (either side of stereo).

I cant wait to do these mods but I have just spent all my money on a top of the range pc which I will build any day soon :D

Looking forward to see what everyone has done and is going to do as I may be persuaded to spend more money on my car.

Yes I have see below! And why is this topic named 'Is The Yaris The Next Nova?'

Cheers :thumbsup:

Well novas are well known for being modded. So I was just wondering how likely the yaris is to become a car that a lot of people mod. Since I live in a small town and there is some guy with a yaris with a bodykit and a fat exhaust....and another guy has a yaris with new exhaust, sounds like he has induction kit and has a soundsystem. Thats just in a small town where most people dont mod cars and there are three yaris' which hav been modded!!!

Nope no mods and dont really intend to either due to lack of funds! (Just bought a house!)

I do have a spoiler en route but nothing too flash! My car is beautiful just how she is (like Bridget Jones! :D )

I hope it doesn’t become the next Nova/Saxo.

The Yaris is perfect as Mr T intended.

Maybe a few subtle changes like the strut bar, induction kit, wheels but apart from that, in my humble opinion the Yaris has everything.... and more I could possible want.

:thumbsup:

yep mines been modded including

debadged, lexus lights, pioneer 6x9s, 4 x neons, 2 x cathodes, apexi induction kit, blub interior light

over the summer plan 2 sort out sound system and possibly window tints

:thumbsup:

the yaris will become the next nova/saxo... but not until the price drops below £3000

saxos/novas are :censor: and fall apart plus most of the after market stuff for them does more harm than good hence it all being cheep.

Toyotas and most jap cars infact, are quality motors and most tuning parts are top quality too hench higher price.

And i agree with Yarisboy untill they become aforable for chavs to get there hands on then they will remain unique :thumbsup:

just my 2 pence worth :P

here is my list for so far what i done on the car but i did ask for the guys on toyota-irl club and they said to me it will worth nothing when i gonna sell it so i very upset for that but any way here is the list

=carcept front bumper

=carcept rear bumper

=carzone side skirt (custom make to fit 5 doors)

=veilside spoiler

=windows tints

=sony CDX-M1000TF color screen head unit

=2x 12"pioneer TSW 305C sub

=2x 6x9's pioneer 6910

=2x 17cm pioneer TS-A1710 door speaker

=2x original toyota tweeter

=1x legacy power cap

=1x Jackson Audio Inspiration 804X amplifier (1500 watt 4 channel)

= custom make rear dash board

= black metalic paint

= 17" BK racing BK299 high power black alloy wheel

= full custom make double exhaust system with Bomz Adjustable Exhaust

= cobra lower spring 40mm

= rear lexus lights

= full varad leds under car kits (blue)

= blue light jet washer

= 2x raceX blue neon tax holder

= 2xSavage Push Button Switches with blue neon

= 1xvarad interior leds bulb

= full blue neon inside the car

= rainbow color wheel caps

and much much more just cant remember all the extra worth more then €6000.00

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would never put the word Nova within the same paragraph as the Yaris .. let alone the same sentence!!

They are soo dissimilar in every way possible .. and i'd feel insulted if someone said my Yaris looked like a Nova. :crybaby:

Oh well ..

completely standard here :P

heres the deal guys...

whether you like it or not, at some point, the Yaris is going to join the ranks of the saxos/novas...

Now it isn't going to replace them, and as Sam says, it wont be till prices drop

But it will happen, look at the corsa, Ka and 206.. a few years ago they hadnt been hit by the Max power brigade, but now there in it..

Im sorry to say the same will happen eventually...

novas are !Removed!! a good nova is one on its side in a field on fire with 12yr olds dancing round it. CHILDREN GO FORTH AND BURN A NOVA.

novas are !Removed!! a good nova is one on its side in a field on fire with 12yr olds dancing round it. CHILDREN GO FORTH AND BURN A NOVA.

[round of applause]

well said that man

[/round of applause]

dont dis novas there erm....... well they've got erm........ there good for erm........ im sure ill think of something gud about a nova

I would never put the word Nova within the same paragraph as the Yaris .. let alone the same sentence!!

wel i would:

in my 1.0l yaris i beat lots of silly boys in their 1.2 novas! :lol:

I think that as soon as kits such as the K-19 start popping up.... you can class the yaris as a saxo equivelant already

the only saving grace the yaris now has is that the t-sport is still well out of the price range of the average saxo monthly reader

I think that as soon as kits such as the K-19 start popping up.... you can class the yaris as a saxo equivelant already

the only saving grace the yaris now has is that the t-sport is still well out of the price range of the average saxo monthly reader

for now....

im sorry to say, its inevitable... :cacker:

Guys you keep saying the yaris isnt going to be the next nova which is true!!! The whole point of this poll was to see if the yaris will be a rude boy car. I agree that when it is cheaper I think it will be a car that gets modded more often.

But the Yaris will neva be equivalent to a Nova as the Yaris is a lot nicer and has better build quality. The Yaris and Nova are in different leagues!

the Yaris is alot younger than the nova, quality of cars improve all the time (at least they should)...

In 10-15 years there will be supermini's that make the yaris look like the nova does now

The yaris was radical in 1999, but now the interior has aged horribly, the plastics are cheap, it rattles, the paint scratches/chips too easily, etc etc

The yaris really isn't the premier super mini anymore, no doubt it's a good car, but it's certainly not the best in the class.

in all fair honesty and i must admit i have seen nice examples of novas

that have been done up nicely, looked after and usually big engines dropped in that can make more expensive cars look a bit silly!

eg. a good friend of mine owns a nova thats just a plain, yet fully restored GSI exterior, decked on vauxhall cav ltd edition alloys, but under the lid there is a 310bhp calibra turbo lump, 6pot AP racing calipers and full H&R coilovers aswell as other tasty bits! and he doesnt wear blueberry clobber and carry 14 yr olds round!

yes there are some bad examples of the nova, in fact some very bad examples, but i have also seen bad examples of the yaris. not anybody on this site but i have seen two or three attempts externally from the site that puts it to shame :(

yes there are some bad examples of the nova, in fact some very bad examples, but i have also seen bad examples of the yaris. not anybody on this site but i have seen two or three attempts externally from the site that puts it to shame :(

The fact is, ALL cars (reasonably) will be modded some way or another, and many are done by the eye of the beholder.

The car is like a canvas, and u are the painter. U can either create a masterpiece, a work of art, or a big **** mess. :thumbsup:

People with no time, patience and or a keen eye literally cover their car in glue and ram raid halfrauds (dont know who said that but - *bravo*). Hence a pile of !Removed!.

[shrugs shoulders]

good point well said chappers! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links