Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Useage On Previa

Madjock

What kind of mileage does everyone get from there previa ????????

Mines about 240 from a full tank :o

I have a 2.4GL previa 94 Model

What kind of mileage does everyone get from there previa ????????

Mines about 240 from a full tank :o

I have a 2.4GL previa 94 Model

You got size 12s? :D they are bad but not that bad,bin a while since i used petrol but seem to remember bout 350 to a tank.Only answer is DECENT LPG conversion but be warned there are a lot of cowboys out there 1 in Cardiff in paticular :angry: they wore BIG cowboy boots n stetsons,think they gone bust now thank god.

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently bought a 1992 Previa GL, and have just got through my first tank of petrol, averaging 17mpg!

(That's with driving quite moderately too!)

I knew someone with a similar age Previa a few years ago, who was getting 23-24mpg, and he drove flat out everywhere, so I think something needs sorting out with my car.

Does anyone have any servicing advice/cure for this excessive fuel consumption? I haven't checked the air filter yet, but will do this weekend, as this may need changing

NOw it probably won't help much but on the weekend I changed the oil, replaced oil filter etc.. and cleaned the air filer and noticed a decent amount of improvement in the fuel eceonmy.

I am pretty sure this is not pyschological but don't understand why :) :) :)

Hi there well i just did a complete oil change and put in a K&N panel filter into the beast and its till the same mileage but the car sounds a lot better so im happy.

I also took a drive up to edinburgh to let the kids at the zoo and was amazed that the fuel was so much better on usage 300miles and still had half a tank... :)

I think this car was just made for motorway crusing and that in town its just poo...but it does the job and thats good enough for me, might pick up a small motor when the kids are at school.

Plus dont know if you lads know about a thing called an ecotec valve which can be used for fuel usage ( http://www.prosport.uk.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=2364 ) this little thing is getting fitted in my motor it think it will be a sound investment but onnly time will tell..

:ph34r:

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of getting a Previa. How much does the tank hold? I'd like to work out the consumption of some of these full tank ranges.

Thx

Robbeau

• 4 weeks later...

I currently have a Saab 900i - very thirsty in town - but only cost me £200 so who cares

My next vehicle will probably be a decent Previa etc...

What sort of mileage does the Turbo Diesel get?

How bigs the tank?

Ta

Do they do a Diesel Previa ??? :huh:... Tell me they do !!

I was looking at Estima's at http://uktoyotaestimasite.tripod.com/Model...els_&_Specs.htm

I would prefer a diesel but the insurance and parts are putting me off !!. Like between £200 and £600 for a towbar; just to buy it is a joke !!.

Ah well, looks like I'm back on the 4x4 hunt :(

• 2 weeks later...

when i bought mine, i came with a full tank, drove it back to Newcastle from Leeds, and done about 250 miles before i fuelled up again, even then there was just under a quarter left, so say another 30-40 miles extra, not too bad i think.

• 4 weeks later...
Do they do a Diesel Previa ??? :huh:... Tell me they do !!

They do!

The wife's got the 2 litre D4D (their common rail diesel equivalent to turbo diesel) CDX version. Not a bad little runner - it's not the quickest car in the world, but considering its size it's not always last off at the lights :)

I've not sat down and worked out how economic the thing is, but the trip computer reckons it does mid 30's to a gallon (which is better than my Celica), although this tends to drop when I drive :)

• 4 weeks later...

We bought our '96 Previa 2.4 GS 4 weeks ago. Took it to south wales and back-about 730 miles for £65 of fuel. Mostly motorway and i figure that £65 for carting 6 persons 730 miles is pretty good going.

Wish i knew what the horrible screeching sound was when under load and about to change gear on the auto though? clutch?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links