Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine coolant

salavudeen

hi all,

I need your  help in deciding the coolant I need for my car, It's a 1.4 L Corolla 02 model.

I came across this coolant. http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/antifreeze/halfords-oat-ready-mixed-antifreeze-2-litres

Can you guys give me your expertise opinion on this?

Thanks

Hi,

Recently changed mine, which was originally the very expensive long life Toyota Pink.

Decided to use Commas antifreeze, Xstream G30 concentrate 5ltr.- see their web site.

That and Halfords are both OAT types so should be ok, BUT the important thing is to thoroughly flush out all traces of the old antifreeze as the old and new might not mix .

On some models, like mine,  as well as the radiator drain tap , there is an engine block drain tap on the rear , just above  the exhaust manifold.

Equally important is to use De-Ionised water, just £1 for 2.5ltrs in most big supermarkets.

I added the correct amount concentrate first then the water as there will always be some water left in even when the taps are opened.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links