Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla t sport gearbox nightmare...

bod1065

Hi guys need your help with a major problem...had my 2nd and 3rd gear syncros done and new clutch fitted to gearbox just under a year ago....everything been great then started crunching going down into 3rd other week...took car back in had 3rd and 4th syncros done....drove home gearbox kept going into no man's land when going for 4th gear sometimes 3rd....like just stuck in middle of box....so car went in again and had another Toyota clutch fitted.....Ok drive home was great....coming to work tonite went into no man's land again stuck in middle of box...let clutch up put back down a few times and it gives you a gear....does it in 1st sometimes also....car has standard gear shift just poly bushes on gear shift cables....has anybody any ideas as driving me mad....and no I don't drive it like a rally car....thanx...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That’s a weird one Paul. I’d have done all what you have mate. Have you thought about swapping the whole gear box for a recon putting yours in px. Might be a problem in yours every so small no matter what you’ll always have problems with it. 

Trouble is having it out/in isn’t cheap time n time again. Are the bushes expensive? If not might be worth ago....just a long shot buddy 

Hope you get it sorted quick easy and cheap enough 

That’s a weird one Paul. I’d have done all what you have mate. Have you thought about swapping the whole gear box for a recon putting yours in px. Might be a problem in yours every so small no matter what you’ll always have problems with it. 
Trouble is having it out/in isn’t cheap time n time again. Are the bushes expensive? If not might be worth ago....just a long shot buddy 
Hope you get it sorted quick easy and cheap enough 
No bushes wernt expensive and easy to do.. only thing I can think of is clutch cable dodgy as ok for a while then gets stuck....I've checked hydraulic fluid reservoir as these clutch use slave cylinder and plenty in it,can't see any leaks from slave cylinder either...got me well stumped...garage gonna love me phoning them again as box has been out 3 times already......

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3 times. Aw mate! Try the cable then, sounds like everything else is new or swapped ha.

Bet your invited to they're Xmas night out at this rate. Good luck buddy 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links