Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 auto folding mirrors

andy_evans44

Yes thats my issue, I cant think of any reason to fit inside the door if all cables are identified in the footwell, unless its a lack of room in the footwell in which case I would probably fit  it inside the front console above the accelerator pedal.

Im sure @Kos_ta will shed some light on it :)

20 minutes ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

if this install can be done without taking the door card/trim off.

Hi guys, sorry if I wasn't clear, I was talking about the armrest in central console, where the wing mirror switch/regulator is situated on mk3 RAV4. I'll take some photos later on today. There is no need at all to take the door card off.

Hope this helps.

Kosta

Thank you @Kos_ta, but why fit there if you're connecting the cables to the right hand side drivers footwell, could it not have just been hidden beside the connectors. Am I missing something obvious here? This means that you had to run new cables from the right hand side drivers footwell around the drivers console to the center console but why?

I think Ive had too much gin over xmas ;)

The controller comes with a harness which apart from three wires we discussed plugs in between the factory switch and car existing harness. It will make sense when you see it. I will definitely get some photos taken today 😁

• Like 1

Right, there we go...

Photo 1: The armrest where mirror switch is and inside of which "mod kit" is hidden.

Photo2: That how factory set-up looks when you first pull the switch out.

Photo 3: "Mod kit" with it's harness not yet plugged in existing harness but with three extra wires (extended) already connected to the plug in driver's footwell and fed through to central armrest via any route you would prefer.

Photo 4: "Mod kit" plugged in existing factory harness between the switch and factory loom and everything is working :biggrin:

Hope that helps guys, if you have any more questions please ask I would be happy to answer them if I can.

Kosta  

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

@Kos_tavery kind of you to post all these pictures mate. Thanks very much. My controller has been delivered now and I get home on the 2nd so will give an update how I get on.

All the very best

Paul

Hi Paul. No problem at all. Good luck with installation and yes, keep us updated. Happy New Year!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just attempted to fit my module today, !Removed! freezing....everything was going swimmingly well until I tried to identify the pulse lock/unlock, I know which plug it’s on but can’t identify the actual wire core as it’s impossible to get a meter in about to test.

@Kos_ta hello mate, my wiring loom is different to yours the +12v is still the grey wire but no black or red wire with blue dots.! How did you identify the cables mate? Is it switching a -ve or a +ve? It’s so difficult to tell the difference between the indicator flash pulse and the lock unlock pulse, in the end I removed the plug and tried to test the pins inside the plug and blew the electric window fuse due to a shaky hand :( nightmare! I even tried to compare the wiring legend given on an earlier post but that quotes a pink and black on pin 14 and 16 which of course isn’t correct on my car...sigh!

Having thought about this now there’s only one thing for it, remove the door card and trace the cables back. Pain in the butt for me but will defo help others in the future if I can identify the cores. Will update when done

That's a bloody pain, I do hope one works out easier when I get round to it...good luck

I think you’re good to go bobby just use kosta’s diagrams which should be the same as yours. You can check really easily by removing the door sill trim and drivers kick plate (2 mins) and check your plug and colours are the same as Kostas 

Ok after spending a few hours on this today and gave up trying to trace the cables from the door actuator, I had one last go and got it working by using the wiring legend supplied on the previous page.

heres some info for 2014/15 RAV4’s any question please gimme a shout. In the end it was really easy and a 15 min job had I had the information so hopefully this will help others.

59186294-1CB7-4A87-86E3-14937480F72E.jpeg

CCF36ECB-6CC3-44DB-98A6-15DD8CC18B89.jpeg

0741435C-F783-4F1F-A084-6A286FDADF66.jpeg

1CF6652C-4152-4DA0-80B4-AC97B18F3882.jpeg

DE45BBD9-EFDC-438C-BB7F-572DD6D3851F.jpeg

4B37F571-C5BD-4FCD-8B8B-7D5973525F36.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well done..and good for you for persisting with it.

I bet you're chuffed with the results.

I am well chuffed mate. If you use the original switch it can confuse the system so best leave that alone but there’s no need for it now, works awesome! ;)

Well done, I bet your happy with that, not had chance to look at mine yet, being January everything else going wrong. This will come in helpfull tho. Much appreciated. Thanks for showing us all

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Which module did you buy after?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

@Leckytech sorry for not responding, have been on holiday to Cuba, internet there is pretty much non-existent. Glad you managed to get it sorted in the end. For me the only difficult bit was to find the wire for locking as there is no impulse with the door open. I had to do it with the door close through the open window with tester pins pushed in the connector before the door was closed 😀. It was a bit tricky though. Enjoy your new feature!

• Like 1

I may be in touch when I get round to installing mine :blink:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

No problem, will try to answer as quick as I can 😀

Shame your not in my neck of the woods !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kos_ta said:

@Leckytech sorry for not responding, have been on holiday to Cuba, internet there is pretty much non-existent. Glad you managed to get it sorted in the end. For me the only difficult bit was to find the wire for locking as there is no impulse with the door open. I had to do it with the door close through the open window with tester pins pushed in the connector before the door was closed 😀. It was a bit tricky though. Enjoy your new feature!

No worries pal, its all good in the end. Almost ended up in the bin at one point but glad I persevered its an awesome feature!

1 hour ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Anytime mate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Shame your not in my neck of the woods !!!

Im sure if you're passing Tyneside anytime me or @Kos_ta would gladly help.

If you happen to be in South Shields you're always welcome to pop in for a cuppa 😀

1 hour ago, Kos_ta said:

If you happen to be in South Shields you're always welcome to pop in for a cuppa 😀

Or Seaburn ;)

• Like 1