Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Verso Rough Engine After Service

zoomaj

Hello everyone,

i have just joined and wanted a bit of advice before i approached a mechanic, i bought a Toyota Corolla Verso 2007 about 3 weeks ago 20/11/2017. Unfortunately it has zero service history!

but it was the top spec T spirit model, and the owner did seem credible, he said his friend owned a garage and he would do everything for him but he didn't provide him with receipts etc as he just trusted him, the guy had a big house and a Porsche parked in his drive so he didn't seem short on money etc, so i thought OK maybe he is telling the truth, so i bought the car as it did run well, i took it for 2 test drives on 2 separate occasions, and i thought once i get it i  will service it and it will be as good as new again.

so anyways i bought the car and serviced it, New Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Spark Plugs, Anti Freeze, Pollen Filter, when the mechanic opened the hood he was shocked as all the nuts and bolts where very stiff, and he said its not been serviced for about 2-3 years! the oil that came out was very black and the dipstick was also stained, anyways he changed everything, and the car seems to idle a little rough,

its not silky smooth, i had a toyota Avensis prior to this so i know how smooth a VVTi engine is after service, and unfortunately his didn't cut it, iv been driving it for about 3 weeks now after service,

i know i took a gamble by buying a car with zero service history, but my avensis didnt have a service history either and that turned out fine.

so my question is i have changed all these parts what else could cause the engine to idle rough? because the oil hadnt been changed in about 2-3 years, should i try a engine oil treatment to clean any sludge in the engine? although im not sure if sludge is present, the car does work and start 1st time, its just not as silky buttery smooth as im used to with a VVTI engine,

my mechanic said its because its a bigger car so it requires more power to move etc, but im not convinced, in neutral when i rev to level 2 and 3 the car does begin to vibrate and shake a little, and this never happened on my avensis so i know something isnt right, please can anyone share any tips or advice? im really tempted to do an oil engine flush treatment, but iv only driven about 200 miles since the oil change!!!

thank you reading and helping me out, appreciate it guys

May be try the Toyota dealers if it's not expensive. That's just a suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True yes cant get better than the dealers i guess, il ring them tomorrow and see how much they will charge. i just hope nothing has been damaged within the engine itself

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links