Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 1997 - 2018

Berengaria

That's it folks - my local dealer told me that production of the Avensis has already stopped and the model dropped from Toyota's range.

If you want a new one, you'll need to act fast.

We gave this information out in January. 

The Verso also finished production in January, so both the Verso and Avensis can only be supplied from existing stocks until these run out.

:sad:

Ah well, let us see what they replace it with.

Peugeot are bringing out a new 508 in saloon & later SW form which could be a brave (& expensive) move as D sector sales continue to crash. There is even a rumour that Ford will drop the Mondeo next year.

Looks like I'll be driving my 2010 T4 D4D until it finally bites the bullet. Coming up to 86000 miles now and starting to wonder what major repair bills lie in store. Without tempting providence to date, it is still running with the original exhaust/cat and no major component replacements so far. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to which costly parts may fail over the next 2/3 years?

Dual mass flyheel?

At one time I was considering an Avensis Tourer, but put off by the electric handbrake problems and associated costly replacement.

6 hours ago, Notoyboy said:

At one time I was considering an Avensis Tourer, but put off by the electric handbrake problems and associated costly replacement.

Tbh the fear of this seems to radically outweigh the actual no. of problems on the Avensis. VAG cars apparently have been much worse.  Whilst there definitely have been a few actuators gone on (mostly early) Avensis when you consider that there are hundreds of thousands of T27s out there ... 

It's also the way that all cars appear to be going - the Mazda 6 was a hold out for a while but changed to EPB too & it looks like the next generation Auris/Corolla is switching to one also.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links