Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help needed urgent. Toyota aygo!

Dean1712

Hi there all.. new member here! Had an issue with my vehicle. Wouldn’t start. Purchased from an auction. Had a look and manage to start it by putting direct feed on to the Battery via starter motor. And fires up. However without the direct feed I can’t start it! Just flashes stop. Gearbox is fine etc. But no luck at all. Had a look at fuses with a meter reader. And physical too. However no luck lol! Could anyone be helpful to pm me or post the picture of a diagram of fuses esp starter motor relay! Thanks. Car is a 1.0 petrol auto 2010. 

I've not got the MMT, so this is a guess, but I can imagine it has a safety feature where there is some kind of switch in line with the ignition switch. This could be located at the brake pedal or on the drive selector stick.

I.e. press brake, it operates switch to allow power to ignition, or selector must be in neutral position to operate switch to allow power to ignition.

This is why I think it starts with direct feed to starter, as this would bypass the safety switch.

As I say, It's a guess, so hopefully someone who owns an MMT, can confirm the starting procedure on these.

• Like 1

To start the engine on an MMT you press the brake and put it in neutral then you'll be able to start the engine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wiz201 said:

To start the engine on an MMT you press the brake and put it in neutral then you'll be able to start the engine.

Hi there yes I am aware but I tried to start it today. WIth a positive cable to the starter and Battery it fired up when I turned the key! But the starter kept engaging until I took the jump wire off the starter. It has no power meaning electrics go fuzzy when you turn the lights on, do you know where I can get this diagram off the fuse board please. 

have you checked the Battery for condition? Is the alternator working OK?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

have you checked the battery for condition? Is the alternator working OK?

The Battery is fine holds charge. The alternator charges it so... still no luck. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links