Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hiace 2.5 d4d 4wd

Skutter

Just exchanged my old swb 2.4td hiace city from 2000 for a  swb 2011 hiace 4wd fitted with the 2.5 d4d 117hp and 50000km on the clock

My old hiace was typically reliable and did 5.5 years and 120000km (240000 on the clock ) with only wear n tear stuff needing doing. (Apart from when i sold it the rear diff was nackered, brakes needed love, it didnt like going into 1st, abs didnt work when towing and a very loud klunk when accelarating hard - driveshaft or engine mount - i never really checked...just took it easier on the accelerator....and just a bit of a rust issue) 

I don't know much about the last model hiaces, common rail engines or the full time 4wd (except its not as much fun but i dont need to winch myself off wet grass). 

If any one has any info on this version of hiace in terms of common issues, warning signs etc i would be super grateful.  Im really hoping its as reliable as my old van though i think the 4wd is going to add a fair amount of extra wear on the front components and tyes... 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links