Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car base seat replacemnt

mike.ringwood

Having had an Avensis for several years the base of the driving seat has collapsed slightly making driving long distance uncomfortable. Quotation from Toyota dealer for a new foam insert and cover assembly. Front seat foam replacement £ 124.26 +Vat, cover assembly £298.46 +Vat. These prices are only for the base of the seat  

What a rip off will not buy another Toyota

Moved to the Avensis club

Phone any manufacturer and ask them how much seat trims come to, I think you will  find Toyota no more expensive.

TBH you are lucky the parts are even available,  considering the car is 10 years old and the model out of production for the same amount of time.

• Like 2

I might get into trouble saying this - but when something goes wrong with a product, some people blame the whole company and say 'I will never buy another Toyota/Ford/Peugeot/etc again'. A few readers have probably read this statement on other forums. I have seen this statement on the Panasonic forum. It is down to personal experience of a particular fault. Yes there are some cars I would not buy - mainly diesel! That is for all brands. A seat collapse can happen in any car!   
Lee is right, the cost of a replacement seat will be similar for other brands. Also there may be sensors and heated seat elements that will add to the cost. We don't know how much the car has been used, the mileage, how long owned, how many owners and physical size of the driver.

I watch a lot of programs like Wheel Dealers and Car SOS, and they go to car upholsterers based in the midlands, who could repair the seat base. I don't know the costs involved.  

Another option is to buy a secondhand seat. 

Having quoted seat part prices for over 40 years I'm quite surprised at how reasonable those prices are! I priced a heat seat element the other day for a Range Rover and it was £322 plus VAT, just for the part :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links