Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello

ace11

Hi. I am a new member here. I have owned several Toyotas over the years. I have owned 3 different Avensis models, from 2001, 2004 and 2011. I currently own a 1998 Corolla GS. You're probably wondering why having owned newer cars over the years I have now got a car that is 20 years old with well over 100k on the clock. Well I was meant to be getting a company car (which wouldn't have been a Toyota) so I sold my previous car. I was then let down by my company, so I bought this as an interim car while I scoured the market for something better. I have only had this one for a couple of months, and many wouldn't give it 6 months given its condition and age, etc. One thing I have learnt over many years though is Toyotas never stop and there are many much older than mine still on the road. I went to look at an Avensis last week and the guy selling it said 'I've seen them with a million miles on the clock.'

I have been thinking recently about buying a much older Toyota as a 'classic' car. My Dad had a Cressida in the 1980's which lasted many years despite the fact it was used as a business car and got some pretty rough treatment. As a child back then, I really liked the 1982-84 Carina. A neighbour of ours had one and I remember when my Dad took his car to be serviced there was one parked at the garage with a similar number plate, the only difference being it was one number earlier on an X reg. I have seen a Celica and a Crown on different websites, so I'll be considering those and others in the near future.

I hope I haven't bored you too much with my first post. Apologies it is a bit long but I felt this was a good place to share my previous Toyota experience.

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links