Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice about buying

m456an

This is what I found on auto tradet

Toyota Aygo 1.0 VVT-i GO 3dr

at 118 000 miles am I mad or is it a good deal. I think it has timing chain.

Toyota Aygo Go VVTi , 1.0 Petrol , Grey , 3 Doors Hatchback , 118000 Miles With A Service History , Car Will Come With A 12 Months MOT , 2 Keys , Sat Nav , Car Looks And Drives Excellent

, £1,799

So it has a timing chain?

Anything to look out for when I test drive it.

1 hour ago, m456an said:

So it has a timing chain?

Anything to look out for when I test drive it.

Yes, it has a timing chain. One of the reasons I bought one.

When you test drive it, you may be concerned that the clutch bite is quite high. Rest assured that the bite is high on all gearstick shift Aygos. Check the boot for any signs of water ingress into that area. I believe some Aygos of that era can leak elsewhere, but I can't remember exactly where. Maybe another member can help out here.

Oil level can be a pain to check, especially if the engine has been running recently. Take some kitchen roll along to wipe the dipstick, as you may have to check and dip a few times before you get a satisfactory reading.

Also, I've found the steering to be a bit sticky around the straight ahead position. It's the same on two Aygos in the family, so think it's an Aygo character. Obviously, if the steering doesn't return at all to centre after a turn, then be wary.

• Thanks 1

I saw a sports one with low mileage for 2000 which recently had clutch changed so maybe something wrong with clutch change, so I will stay away from that one.

The wife is learning to drive so I need a car for her. My avensis also has a high biting point.

I may play it safe and get an older model with about 80 000 miles. 

A lot of people do not realise that the Aygo does not have a self adjusting clutch, so when the clutch gets high they get a new one fitted rather than manually adjust the cable.. it (takes all of 2 mins to adjust as well)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links