Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Sr

Paul'sr

I start my engine from cold and its fine. as soon as it warms ups it has flat spots in 2nd, 3rd and 4th. but only up to 4000rpm. after a while the flat spots go away. my mum had the same problem on her paseo when she got it in 1996 but she only had it a year so we didn't find out the problem. apart from that the cars perfect. ne ideas of what i should do. am gonna check the spark plugs but i need a new socket for it. thanks if u can help. oh yeah it ticks over at just under 1000rpm so is that ok.

try fitting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (or power boost valve)

I got a FSE unit in mine and it got rid of the flat spots. fensport sell them

just under 1000rpm is ok

Well i give the sparks a clean and No3 must of had water leakin in it, so i cleaned it up and its ok. oh another thing why are the brackets on the manifold for the heat sheild so weak one of them sheared off.

Well what i did was take the bolt out and only have two bolts holding the sheild on and it don't rattle now. When toyota do a service on starlets do they only use denso spark plugs coz thats what i got. as far as i know denso are pretty good.

When toyota do a service on starlets do they only use denso spark plugs coz thats what i got. as far as i know denso are pretty good.

yea, thats what we use. Toyota actually own denso, so its much easier for them to produce the best plugs for toyotas

FSE Unit???, will that go on my SR, how much will it set me back? n what will it do?, Cheers.

~ Daz.

Daz go to www.fensport.co.uk. they do one for around £100. it fits into the fuel line. not sure which part of the fuel line is best. my dad had one on his AE86. But can't remember what part of the line it goes in.

If the starlet has a similar fuel system to most newer cars, ie tank-->fuel pump-->Fuel filter-->regulator-->Rail-->injectors--->rail--->return feed--->tank.

The the FSE will fit in line with the rail feed. I'm not sure about the starlets OE regulator, as in my fordy zetec the FSE came with a replacement bung. They are very easy to fit, ie about 10-15 minutes although you might have to cut the fuel feed.

http://www.funkyproduct.co.uk/item.php?car...atTypeNumber=83

I would be tempted by the above because of they are cheaper (fensport doesnt include VAT) and they also have a pressure gauge making them easier to adjust. So you don't have to worry about it being set too high and toasting your injectors.

As you said check the plugs and leads. I haven't yet had a chance to propely look at my starlet, if it has air meter or MAF check these and give them a clean if needed. Also, if there is a temp senser in the intake check this also. I would stay away from the FSE's, they are a bugger to get right and they don't do very much for the £100 you spend on them. If it was turbo'd then it would be a valid investement but not for a NA car (my opinion and a known tuners so don't take it as gospel! :drool: ).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links