Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power Loss at 3000 RPM

Mohammedpatel086

Hi guys

I have a 2003 Toyota Corolla Diesel 2.0 d4d. 

In the past i noticed intermittent power loss occasionally. Where no matter how far down the acc pedal was it would be unresponsive and the car woul go into some kind of limp mode and start slowing down. Few mins later the car would regain power and surge exceeding 100mph. 

Recently this issue has become way more often where i noticed the issue occurs once the car reaches near 2900rpm any gear. This happens every time i get in the car now. But will not surge back anymore but stays at some kind of limp mode. 

The check engine light comes on and stays on until the car gets turned off. Then goes away. I have believed it was the EGR so that has been cleaned. I have changed the MAF sensor but have not seen any evidence of improvement. I have also checked for vacuum leaks and found a hole in the intake pipe which has been replaced

The car is at 200514miles 

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, 

Update on the Post. After reading about a few Avensis's and Rav4's the 2.0d4d engine shared a few vehicles. The issue seems to have been fixed as i have run my Corolla for the last 2 weeks fine. 

My Fix for this issue was cleaning out the SCV valves RED and GREEN on the high-pressure fuel pump for the common rail. These are located to the left of the engine at the top in front of the driver side RHD. Be careful when removing the alen-head bolts as they are easy to round off. I periodically sprayed WD40 on them two days before removing the bolts but a few hours of soaking should be good. Also, i removed the overflow bottle for the radiator and removed the oil check Dip-Stick as getting a ratchet in is difficult in doing so. 

Hope this helps if anyone with a 2.0D4D engine has a similar issue.

Please message for pictures or a detailed guide.

Thanks

• Like 2

• 5 years later...
On 7/15/2018 at 10:44 PM, Mohammedpatel086 said:

Hi Guys, 

Update on the Post. After reading about a few Avensis's and Rav4's the 2.0d4d engine shared a few vehicles. The issue seems to have been fixed as i have run my Corolla for the last 2 weeks fine. 

My Fix for this issue was cleaning out the SCV valves RED and GREEN on the high-pressure fuel pump for the common rail. These are located to the left of the engine at the top in front of the driver side RHD. Be careful when removing the alen-head bolts as they are easy to round off. I periodically sprayed WD40 on them two days before removing the bolts but a few hours of soaking should be good. Also, i removed the overflow bottle for the radiator and removed the oil check Dip-Stick as getting a ratchet in is difficult in doing so. 

Hope this helps if anyone with a 2.0D4D engine has a similar issue.

Please message for pictures or a detailed guide.

Thanks

Hi Mohammed,

Is it possible to have the same issue on my corolla 1.4D? Please read my topic and give me some pictures or detailed guide. Thank You. The link of my topic is below:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links