Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Check tyre pressure warning light

Joregan75

Hi All 

We have a 2015 Toyota corrolla diesel , yesterday while out driving the check tyre pressure light lit up on the dash . It was a very warm day, approx 30 deg c , and we had been driving for approx an hour   , I checked the tyre pressure on each wheel and they were all fine 33 pounds pressure , would it be possible for very hot weather to cause the sensor on the wheel to give a false alarm ?? 

Thanks 

Tyre pressure monitoring systems can give false readings in cold weather until the temperature of the tyres increases, and air in the tyres expand bringing them back up to pressure. Not heard of them giving false readings in warm weather though.

Do you need to update your profile to include the Corolla, as you're currently showing a 2009 Avensis?

Thanks Frosty 

It's a strange one , will mention it at the next service . 

No need to update my profile as it's not my car , it's my wife car . And don't know if I can register 2 cars under my profile . 

Thanks again .

38 minutes ago, Joregan75 said:

And don't know if I can register 2 cars under my profile

Yes one can - see my profile info to the left <<

Heard the sensor cab stick with the excess heat re weather giving a false reading. Worth checking at night to see if its the same.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links