Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Correct Oil?

vivavlad

Would this oil be compatible with my 2014 MK2 Aygo with 30000?

61Lqhz9G3-L._AC_SL1011_.thumb.jpg.cd8ab7612e5236ba1c505020cd5bc198.jpg

Toyota only specify API standards - API SL, SM, SN - so as this is API SN should be OK.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

5W30 is the norm but 0W20 should be fine, I got a service pack from Toyota for my 15 plate Citroen C1 and was given 0W16😳 I have put it in as it will be fine over the colder months but I think I will switch to 5W30 when the weather warns up.

59 minutes ago, planc said:

5W30 is the norm

Not for the Aygo. 

For the second generation Aygo pre-facelift, 0W20 is the correct oil. Toyota uses the API specs, and API SN plus is fine.

Stellantis may recommend 5W-30 for the C1/108 - but that's their recommendation for their brands.

• Like 2

Fair play, but Toyota main dealer supplied 5W 30 last year and told me that was recommended up to the facelift year. And facelift onwards should be 0W 20.

Then this year they supplied 0W 16, when I rang them to double check they said it was incorrectly supplied and they would change it if I preferred.

• 2 weeks later...

Dealership are filled with idiots that doesn't know what they are doing.  E.g:

My first Vauxhall Corsa had dealership service stamp filled with the entire book.  Yet, it had a broken cylinder.  Upon inspection, a bit of spark plug electrode was found inside the cylinder, causing excessive play at the piston.

My friend's Nissan Qashqai, ask the dealership to change the CVT fluid.  Dealership's response was: "IT CAN NOT BE DONE".

My friend's Hyundai had full dealership history.  When I changed the brake from him, it turns out some idiot use air impact to tighten the caliper pin's bolt, stripping all the thread inside the caliper pin.

My friend's Volkswagen Tiguan had dealership history, yet, they managed to overlook the fact DSG fluid required to be changed every 30K.  At 80K, the Tiguan lost 2,4,6 gear costing £1500+ to fix. 

Friend's Skoda Kodiaq went to dealership to carried out service.  She did mention about brakes.  A month later, she had horrible grinding / squeaking sounds coming from the rear.  It turns out that the dealership did not inspect the brake properly (only look at the outside pad, never check the inside).  The inside pads were worn down to metal.

Do you still trust the dealership?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I just did an oil change on my daughters 2014 mk 2, and used 0w20. The oil you have there should be absolutely fine as has been said. One of the easiest cars to do a full service on I've done in years.

• Like 4

I agree, most of the time spent servicing this car is waiting for the oil to drain. The Mannol oil seems very good value (maybe too good) at £21.99 for 4 litres from Amazon.

On 4/14/2024 at 7:18 AM, vivavlad said:

I agree, most of the time spent servicing this car is waiting for the oil to drain. The Mannol oil seems very good value (maybe too good) at £21.99 for 4 litres from Amazon.

I used Mannol oil all the time and never had any problems.  In fact, I've used:

7715 (5w30 VW504/507) <- to service Volkswagen group cars

7908 (5w30 Dexos C3) <- On most cars that required 5w30, and it is the one I purchased the most

7913 (5w40 C3) <- For FIAT

7918 (5w20 the one you used) <- Tried it initially, but I later switched to...

7921 (0w20 C5) <- This is the one I'm currently used in my 2012 Aygo

The 7918 is Okay.  But my Aygo had oil consumption problem, so I wanted a LOW SAP oil that's more gentle towards Catalytic converter, hence C5.  Strangely enough, oil consumption improved after switching to 7921.  After the oil changed, initial 2000 mile drinks less than 400 ml.  Although oil consumption do get worst as oil becomes more dirty, but still an improvement nevertheless.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vandals01 said:

7918 (5w20 the one you used) <- Tried it initially, but I later switched to...

7918 is 0w20.

I didn't realise there was a better Mannol (7921). I will try next time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links