Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paseo Dash Lights

Jamesb4uk

hey guys, just wondering if anyone has tried taking apart the paseo dash to get at the bulb behind the speedo????

noticed this evening the left hand bulb must have blown - at there is no light from the fuel guage to half way up the speedo. & the needle is dark too so its a nightmare checking how fast im going...

J

Same thing happened on my Sera last week.

I doubt they are the same, but it was very straight forward to do.

(you may need very thin hands to disconnect the speedo cable though)

Rich

On the Sera, there is a removable hood above the clocks with 2 hidden screws in it. With this off, the clock fixings are exposed. There are 3 screws holding the clocks in place. With these removed, the clocks are free and will pull out an inch or two before the cables and electrics fight back. The hardest part was unclipping the speedo cable. It's on a catch, similar to the electrical connectors around the car, but it's underneath the cable, so you have to squeeze your hand down past the cable, press the catch and ease the whole thing out all in one movement.

The bulbs are (on the Sera anyway) behind blue bayonet fittings (should be 3 of them).

Hope this Helps/Makes sense.

Rich

on the seo their is one screw above on the inside top of the dash, take this out and a couple of clips and it comes out, can get to the lights without disconnecting the speedo cable but might need to disconnect the other electrical cables which are just clipped in

I've been dying to change the colour of the lights ever since my gf got her RSX. hers are a blood red, and it's the coolest cluster i've ever seen. I'm thinking just put gel covers on the bulbs inside the dash to change the tint of the light, and screw the indiglos-those things are soooooo expensive!

now that i know it's that easy, i'll give it a shot!

So are we saying here chaps, :huh:

As i am a major blue light fiend :D that if i replace the bulbs behind the dash with blue ones that the dash will appear blue?? Or is the colour coming from the dials itself??

So are we saying here chaps, :huh:

As i am a major blue light fiend :D that if i replace the bulbs behind the dash with blue ones that the dash will appear blue?? Or is the colour coming from the dials itself??

I tried this with mine.....Blue bulbs..should look Soooooo Good.

but No .....the yellow legend and needles on the Sera clocks is coloured by the numbers themselves, so I had a blue glow with a yellowy tint on it - looked really crap.

It may be different on the Seo though and certainly worth trying as it's only a 5 minute job.

Let us know how it goes

Rich

<_< Hmmmmmm,

Thats wat i was afraid of becuase if its a clear light behind the dials then it will be the dials that are tinted and not the bulb. Ill have a look and let you know so if any other seo people want to do it it will save them the hassle of being potentially disappionted.

I took the heater controls to pieces the other day to have a look at the lights, it was really easy to do, the bulbs had a green rubbery plastic cover on them, so i took that off and now the lights shine though white, so im planning to get blue bulbs for that. Not sure about the dash though, didnt have time to check that.

The green rubbery things are to diffuse the light. I took them off mine too and the result is much brighter. :thumbsup:

Rich

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links