Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis -09 leaking water trunk

higgis92

Has an Avesis -09 (T27) where it drains water in the trunk. I have tried to seal the lists as well as around the gas spring attachment.

Now I suspect that it comes in via the rear light. how hard is it to unload this?

Has tried to feel the with fingers inside the posts but can not know where the water enters.

IMG_20180814_173448 (1).jpg

IMG_20180815_203651.jpg

IMG_20180815_203702.jpg

IMG_20180815_204340.jpg

Have someone sit in the car, while you spray the water on it, and you can easily identify how it comes in.

In my case it was going down the light cluster, and behind the bumper, and then somehow in the car, going between the welding seams.

I found the entry area and plugged it in with silicone.

Looks like you have similar case.

• Like 1

Has sat in the car and checked but can not see where it comes in. comes in some water on both sides. Feels like it should come in a bit higher seem to flow from the same heard as the hole in the last post.

Is the bumper dificult do disamble. 

Read that it can leak through light  sealing.

Plenty of such issues on Auris also. Since you have  most of the car disassembled already, bumper should not be that hard to remove.

Here's a helpfull video with the same model/year.

• 1 month later...

I am about to explore all of this and from research there are several issues:

The paint cracks near the roof rails, along joins but very hard to see, so needs the paint sealed up here. Permatex flowable windscreen and glass sealer sorts this.

The vents on either side of the inside of the bumper fail around the seals etc. I have ordered a pair of these.

The gaskets around the rear lights can fail or become filthy/ineffective. The lights will be striped out to solve this.

Hopefully these 3 things will sort the issue for me as it’s not too bad at the moment but has been there since well before I bought it last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

100% sorted for me - this is it months after I Silkaflex’s the rear lights and gaskets, the roof rails and the paint joins at the hinges, as well as replaced the Toyota vents inside the bumper followed by rust treating the boot floor - now looks like this after many months :

a4f9e450205d7b1a705310d5590430b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1