Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whining noise after clutch, flywheel and gearbox bearings

Raj007

Dear All,

As I recently mentioned, In my first post I have changed flywheel, clutch assembly at Toyota service center. After almost 3 weeks of wait, I received it to hear a whining noise (find attached audio file). I am quite sure that it was not there before this replacement activity.

I hear this whining noise when I accelerate-a-bit in second gear at 30 km/h and in 3rd gear at 50 km/h and ....... so on... 

Anyone faced this kind of problem.

It is surprising that mechanic started with clutch and extended the repair week by week to fly whee-> gearbox bearings-> gearbox pinions for €2k. Changing to brand new pinions is not possible so used old parts from other car (mechanic said so). Now while returning the car to me, mechanic said there is a problem in the differential etc and you hear the noise only at 120 kmph. Eventually you may have to repair it for €800.

Is this whining related to gearbox or any misalignment in the new installation i.e. clutch assembly, flywheel, gearbox bearings and pinions. 

Can you guys enlighten me please. Thanks !

Car2.m4a

i doubt it is due to misalignment ,if the clutch plate wasnt centred the gearbox wouldn't go on

once the gearbox is on its located with dowels i think the issue is the mechanic has been

changing things until he finds whats wrong but this has been at your expense.

Thanks for the reply  eygo 

Hm.  So it’s again my turn to change the differential wheels soon  I am not comfortable with the noise  

not sure if it will be the last one or it goes on. 

• 4 months later...

Raj,

Did you ever get this noise sorted out?  I am having similar issues.

Regards,

Oisin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links