Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise control

Richard Coleman

I recently bought (last week) my first Avensis & some of the ads for these vehcles implied that they had cruise control (but the cars, when I went to see them) didn't.

Are there Avensis models that do have cruise control?

Secondly, is it possible to fit this into my 2005 T3-S?

Thanks

Richard

Richard

Congratulations on the new car.  Yes, the higher-spec Avensis models come with cruise control.  It was an option on the T3-X and T4 models,  standard on T-Spirit.  Hope that this PDF helps.

This thread shows you how to retro-fit Cruise Control on to  your car.

avensis.pdf

11 hours ago, Richard Coleman said:

Are there Avensis models that do have cruise control?

Secondly, is it possible to fit this into my 2005 T3-S?

which engine? they don't all support cc.

• Thanks 1

I'm on Scott's train of thought - I'm sure I've read that the 1.8vvti can't have cruise.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 9:37 AM, alan333 said:

I'm on Scott's train of thought - I'm sure I've read that the 1.8vvti can't have cruise.

That's what the brochure says

21 minutes ago, The Aardvark said:

That's what the brochure says

iirc the 2.0 & 2.4 VVTis & the diesels could have CC but the 1.8 VVTi, not (your PDF shows not available for 1.8).

Hello all,

New boy here. I picked up my 2010 T2 last week following a nasty RTC three weeks previous where a numpty wrote off my car and stuck me in A&E!

Anyway, the T2 is lacking cruise control; I want to add it but am unsure if I can to a 2010 petrol auto model and, if i can, what is the go-to kit?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Rob

Hi Rob, welcome to TOC 🙂

I have a suspicion that you may be able to do this just by adding the necessary CC stalk. Have you searched the forum?

Failing that there must be a 3rd party kit that will do it but as most T27s in the UK came with CC as standard I can't recall seeing a thread on it.

Ty for that Heidfirst; I did have a good root around the forum but only came up with earlier models than my one. I'd love to think the wires are sitting under the steering wheel blanking plate but is life that easy?????

9 hours ago, Castle said:

Ty for that Heidfirst; I did have a good root around the forum but only came up with earlier models than my one. I'd love to think the wires are sitting under the steering wheel blanking plate but is life that easy?????

It was on the T25 except that the 1.8VVTi didn't support CC (the 2.0VVTi & the diesels did) so you might be lucky.🤞

I have tried it on my 2009 59 plate T27 1.6 Valvematic T2 Tourer.

It does not work. I have retrofitted the cruise stalk, cable etc - my dash has the light and the Techstream Software even lists it as a setting etc but it just does not work - must be missing something from behind the clutch and brake pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what engine?

wrxmania says it doesn't work for the 1,6 but it may be that never had CC in any trim on Avensis & the ECU never supported it. All the others definitely have had.

Also, the other day I came across a 3rd party kit - iirc it was about £185.

1.8 petrol 2010

im half hoping if i buy the stalk from a breakers i can then 'have a go'!

18 hours ago, Castle said:

1.8 petrol 2010

im half hoping if i buy the stalk from a breakers i can then 'have a go'!

Good luck with the upgrade. My car being TR spec 1.8 v-matic manual, has cruise control.

If and when you fit the cruise control, if the light does come on, you need to go to a quiet road and make sure that the brake pedal cancels cc when pressed! This is the most important safety check. The other functions like setting the speed, change speed faster/slower, resume and cancel on the stalk should work as marked.

Cruise control should work better with the auto.