StenNorway

Low power

I bough a Rav4 with turbo leaking Oil. Changed the turbo, butt the car would not pass 3000rpm. Read all post on this forum. Blanked egr, cleaned maf, removed dpf, New scv, cleaned turbo valve. Nothing helped. Then i took out the catalyst under the middle of the car. Now i runs like a train all the way too 5000 rpm . Thougt it might be a tip tho all that struggles with power loss. (sorry for my bad English) 

Snapchat-294171317.jpg

Wow!  Did some angry neighbour shove a load of barbecue fuel up the exhaust pipe?

In the UK removing the cat would be an MOT(annual vehicle test) failure, especially given the changes introduced in May. 

so would removing the DPF.

I am surprised that Norway would allow this with their environmental legislation.

p.s. welcome to TOC, Sten. 🙂

Removing the cat would mean that you'd fail the MOT here in Norway as well. I think he meant that the cat might be the culprit if you have these issues, which means a cat replacement, not removing the cat permanently.

It is one year to next test, but if it not pass i Just pick up a new one from the junk yard. There is no Black smoke from it. Probobly because it now runs with 1bar turbopressure.