Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Avensis 2.0 D4d aircon bypass

19mick87

14 minutes ago, Stivino said:

That’s no reason to bypass the compressor.

How so? Seems a perfectly reasonable reason to me. Can remove all of that dead weight, reduce drag on the engine etc.. The AC gear is a fair amount of weight, and even unclutched the compressor will add drag to the engine. Moreso if it's corroded and seizing. If it's one of these variable compressors that can't be de-clutched that's even more drag you would save!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cyker said:

How so? Seems a perfectly reasonable reason to me. Can remove all of that dead weight, reduce drag on the engine etc.. The AC gear is a fair amount of weight, and even unclutched the compressor will add drag to the engine. Moreso if it's corroded and seizing. If it's one of these variable compressors that can't be de-clutched that's even more drag you would save!

you are so right tb h i go one step further id bypass the ac pipes also and take that dam ac out also .so much bother those ac.where we are we hardly need them .u think about taking the ac out completely all that dead weight as you say 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Stivino said:

Would you like to explain why, what you would achieve etc?

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ and bother of getting fixed when where we live we need no ac. tbh since i bought my car the ac is only on one time. plus i can tell for sure when my ac finally !Removed! itself i will be doing away with it completely out of the car 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pot, meet kettle! :biggrin: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links