mart rotherham

How to identify live terminal on ignition for Dash cam hard wire kit

I removed the plastic cover from around the ignition column on my 2006 corolla estate. How do I identify  the correct 2 terminals to solder the dash cam wires to? I think there is just the live and neutral. I want the cam to be live when the ignition is turned one click (radio position).

is it not just easier to piggy back onto a fuse in the fusebox (no soldering required)?

When looking at both fuse boxes I don't think it is possible to just see a convenient point to connect to. You see all the fuses but the wires are concealed. 

If I could identify a point at one of the fuse boxes to connect to that was live when the ignition was switched to position one then that would be okay. 

Thanks for the link.

If using one of these, will I be able to do what I want, that is to have the cam on when ignition switch is on and off when ignition switch is off?

if you use it into a socket that is wired that way, yes. On my Avensis the aux socket is wired to only be live when the key is switched to Acc. or Ignition is on which  is why I suggested looking at the fuse for that but there will be others & probably also spare sockets.

Ok thanks. As  position one on the ignition switch probably makes a few items live there may be 2 or 3 fuses that are okay to piggy back on to-depending on size of fuse. Probably a bit of digging around/trial & error.